1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is your rolemodel?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lazuri, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Or, and I would also kill to look like Lisa and Jessica Origliasso from The Veronicas. <3

2. Lazuri

I guess Miyavi applies more to the good old days. You took after him a -lot- back then, except you picked up drums instead of guitar.

3. 2112

Someone who doesn't hate Sansa! :icon_bigg

4. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For a long time it was Robert Plant. I just wanted to be like him, I thought he was sexy as hell, with a good mix of feminity and masculinty. Plus, he references Tolkein in his song lyrics.

These days I admire people like Nicholas Kristof and Bill Gates, who despite their privilege spend a lot of their time and/or money helping people who are struggling in ways that most of us can't imagine.

I also admire both of my grandfathers, I've always thought they exhibit many positive masculine traits. They're like anchors in a storm, people you can count on.

5. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This'll sound kind of boring but... My older sister Miqui! I wouldn't say she my ideal person to be or anything really but she's someone I look up to and want to emulate somewhat. Also my mother, she's definitely a strong role model for me, as well as a big source of my personality quirks.

That said I don't want to be exactly like them, I have my own ambitions and goals for my life. They are just a big source of inspiration to me! There are certainly no fictional people who are exactly the person I want to be either. That person who I seek to become is in my heart, and in my head, biding her time till she can come out. :slight_smile:

6. TheDapperCorvid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo from Daft Punk. I admire and look up to Daft Punk in general, because of how passionate, sincere and idealistic they are, how dedicated they are to anonymity and creative freedom, and how much they care about their fans... but Guy-Man's personality is very similar to my own; gentle, warm-hearted, optimistic, very shy... While Thomas is the brain of the duo, Guy-Man is definitely the heart, and I relate to him much more. (I even kept my long hair to cosplay as a 1995 Guy-Man for a cosplay convention.)

Visually, and vocally, I tend to look up to Julian Casablancas from The Strokes. When I was younger, it used to be Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes from the BBC series.