1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who here is a 90's baby?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bolt35, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, that thing is a beast. I think we gave it to one of my cousins in the early 2000s and it seemed to be working like a champ. I still remember those two huge dials it had on the front to adjust the brightness and contrast. That was the best.

With DZ, I only ever remember being there a few times as well, but it was great.

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2017 at 06:31 PM ----------

I don't think of you as being old. However, I feel really old when I have to remind myself that those born in 1999 or 2000 aren't little kids anymore. That wakes me up a lot. I have vague memories about some shows too, but nothing major to say that "Oh, I know who that person is or something they went through".

I'm so glad that people remember Discovery Zone, since not many people I know do. It might have been expensive, but you knew you were in for a great time when you did go.

2. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was born in 1998

3. Luka99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was born in 1999.. So not really

4. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    '95 representin'. Memories include my first interaction with a computer being with the use of a floppy disk and staying past my bedtime to see the New Year and new millennium.

5. MulderYuffie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1992 here remember surprisingly a lot from the really cheesy ads on TV while watching early and so on Nick, seeing bill Clinton on TV here and there not really understanding mind you but you get it. The really nice music we had back then that really just stuck with me ever since. If it's anything that stuck with me in that Era was the video games. SNES, N64 and Playstation were my go to! Remember when arcades use to be really big too? RIP. All these goofy styles and oddball toys we had limited Internet and my first chat room chats all at such a young age. The 90s really were a time to be alive!

6. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't even remember what finally killed the thing. We had to do a full system restore on it like thirty times before it finally wouldn't restore anymore. It got to the point where, between six people, I was the only one who used it with any regularity. Wasn't the best computer but it at least did what I wanted it to do. Mostly I just used it for writing and interwebs. It was a good thing I never was a big PC gamer because that thing couldn't handle it; not to mention it wouldn't even play newer (at the time) games because the turn-of-the-millennium (i.e year 2000) software was so ludicrously outdated.

#46 ThatBorussenGuy, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  7. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a 90s baby yes.

8. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I was born in 1990! I was all about the Power Rangers, The Magic School Bus, Arthur, and Pokemon. Playing for me consisted of making up games with friends and using our imagination to play pretend. I also used to spend hours playing Tetris and Pokémon Blue & Yellow on my old huge original Gameboy, collecting/trading Pokémon cards, playing Super Mario Bros with my uncle on his NES, and reading Goosebumps and Animorphs. I had a dope pair of LA Gear light-up sneakers, rollerblading was a means of transportation to get around my neighborhood, and Discovery Zone was my gym. Watching VHS tapes and listening to Depeche Mode & The Cure on cassettes was my jam. I used to have to call my friends at their homes to talk/make plans, using a phone with a coiled cord, and I used to act all polite with my friends’ parents when they answered, “Hi Ms. Morris, is Bethany there to talk?” If I survived the dreaded waiting and primal sounds of dial-up internet and AOL, I was rewarded with being able to chat with my friends on AIM, and when that fell through I could just play Sim Town or Oregon Trail, or create sweet Picasso-esque art on Microsoft Paint. If I was feeling extra creative, I might have whipped out my Lisa Frank gel pens and my Spirograph to create some badass geometric art instead. My pet was a Tamogotchi that had been reborn 283,626,173,891 times because I neglected it so often. This was my life lol.

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can't get any more 90s than being born in 1990

10. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I was born in 97, barely scraping the 90's XD but I made it...right?

11. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Born in late 89 so I’m very much a 90s baby.
    I think one of the biggest differences between then and now is how much we used our imaginations to entertain ourselves. I was just spending some time with my 15yo cousin over thanksgiving and I’m really not sure if that kid has ever used his imagination.

12. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just as I was graduating from high school

13. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was born in 1985. This whole thread is a nostalgic trip down memory lane. I started kindergarten in 1990. I feel old now lol

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was born in 1999...

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1995 here. I did almost all of my growing up in the 2000s and I can’t tell you how much I miss the music of the 00s.

16. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You guys are making me feel old

17. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me. I'm a '93 baby.

I don't remember much of the 90's particularly because the 90's and early 2000's blend together for me, so I don't remember much.

However, I do remember going to see The Phantom Menace when it came out in '99. I also remember watching Saturday morning and PBS cartoons. I remember the craze of the Gameboy systems, Furbies, and 90's bands and singers.

To this day, I still miss going to Blockbuster to pick out a video to watch. I also have fond memories of watching my VHS tapes on repeat, and using rewinders.

18. Loves books

I was born in 92. I can remember getting our first computer when they were still the cool new thing. I can remember looking at a picture of the actors chosen to play the leads in the first Harry Potter movie and I remember the dial up tone of the Internet. I remember my dad getting an advance copy of Toy Story 2 and how much I enjoyed it. I remember my brother getting a PlayStation 1 and how cool we thought it was. I have great memories of playing CTR and losing. I remember the annual holidays to Ireland in the summer before we moved when I was 9. I remember when mobiles where new and caller ID was the new thing being advertised about them. It was very interesting to me the huge difference between my life and my cousins who is twelve years younger than me. I hadn't gone on the internet until I was 8 years old and she was playing games on it at age 3. I didn't have a ,Boole until I was 12 and it was a nokia 3310 and she got her first iPhone at 10. I used a gameboy when I was a kid and she has a DSi. The gameboy colour was new when I was young.

19. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Born in July '92.

For me, my favorite thing about the 90s is probably the music. Green Day, Sugar Ray, Third Eye Blind, Better Than Erza, Stone Temple Pilots, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and many more.

Easily the best decade for music.

20. ladyx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i would say.... writing love letters.. chat apps and emails took away the fun