1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which horror movie scared you the most and why?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Samael, Jun 12, 2013.

1. EscapeArtist

Freddy Kruger, Nightmare on Elm Street box-set. Because I was 9yrs old.

2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like scary movies, so I've only ever watched a few when my friends decided to. The one that scared me the most was definitely The Ring. I believe that was my first horror movie, and I was scared shitless after watching it. I was in 6th grade when I first saw it, and I slept on the floor of my parents' room for months after watching it haha. The Grudge was also quite scary, but not as disturbing as The Ring.

3. biggayguy

The Ring was scary! I didn't watch another DVD for a week. That thing gave me an anxiety attack.

4. RainbowViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, I'd have to say A Nightmare on Elm Street (The originals, of course), when I was a kid, they gave me horrible nightmares. They always scared me to death, especially since I was like 5-8 at the time(not I was either 5-8, the nightmares just happened through that time.) I think it was the fact that not only did Freddy like to kill little kids, but also that he made a joke out of it. It was the sick, dark comedy that got me.

5. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a story (pretty funny for me) to tell about Nightmare on Elm Street. I had seen the movie on a sunday night, with no major problems to sleep. In the morning, while attending elementary school, I passed a house that had a very high lattice and you could see between the bars. In that, my nightmare came true: Freddy was in the yard, watching me and shaking his scissors. I was stunned, immobile and unable to scream. I blinked a few times and then I saw the reality. The owner of the house (an old men) was trimming his trees wearing a red sweater with green stripes, loppers and a hat ... I did nothing but laugh and go on my way to school.

6. T A Maxie

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a tough one, but I'm gonna go with Sinister as it's the scariest film I've watched in the last year. The story is genuinely creepy enhanced by the many tight shots and unruly angles. It doesn't feel entirely cheap like most horror movies these days, and even though there are a few jump scares, they never take away from the real creep in the movie.

7. Elflord

Elflord Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Probably Sinister ;3 scary

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

alien movies >_>

9. KnownSecret

Cujo, omg that movie scared the living hell out of me! I couldn't even watch it all in the same day lol I had to split that up! It's just so terrifying because it's more then possible!!! A rabid dog attacking people and killing them, that's just terrifying in my book haha! Other then that I don't really get scared by horror movies unless they seem possible!!!

10. Noir

Surprisingly, I wasn't so bad watching the Grudge, the Ring, or Paranormal Activity as I was watching the original black and white Night of the Living Dead!:lol: I think it was those eyes when the light shone on them, and the fact that you could be ANYWHERE and a supposedly normal person could just sneak up on you and go CHOMP!!:confused: I couldn't even close my eyes until five in the morning to go to sleep and that was AFTER watching Big Fat Liar as a comedy to make me less frightened!

11. Carbine

Jaws only because I'm hydrophobic. Lol so it's not so much the actual shark himself as the water.
    The book Salem's Lot was kinda freaky...Joe Hill's novel Horns is disturbing sometimes, but not necessarily *scary* persay.

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Horror Movies don't scare me as such, I think when I was watching Jaws & that head rolled out from under the boat, that made me jump more than any Horror Movie, Children in Horror Movies can be a bit freaky & that Clown in the Movie "IT" :slight_smile:

13. BornInTexas

Children of the Corn. I was hesitant to be around cornfields for days.

14. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watched so many that none actually scare me anymore they all predictable I get a little jumpy at some but thats about it. The original Grudge and The Ring was creepy (Japanese version).

15. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I've watched like 3 of them in my entire life...

Martyrs really disgusted and traumatized me haha.
    Silent Hill and House of Wax scared the shit out of me also.

16. BuyTheStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It used to be The ring... Then I saw The Call.

That movie had me so freaked out and scared that even when I left the movie, I was still shaking from the anxiety!

I guess the thing that scared me the most is that it could actually happen! -A few months later I still refuse to watch the movie a 2nd time.. D:

17. transporter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There were two. I saw a movie called "The Legend of Boggy Creek", about the search for a Bigfoot-type creature in an Arkansas swamp. I was 12 or 13 when I saw it and went to sleep with the light on for the next 3 nights! Lol.
    The other was "Halloween", the original one. I saw it as a college freshman and it spooked me, esp. since I had to walk about 1/4 mile back to my dorm across a mostly dark and deserted campus.

18. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Shutter is pretty scary. Asian horror movies are really what gets to me. lol. I still watch them either way. xP

19. dontjudgeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont watch any horror movies because I dont want to get scared :/

20. Bland

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Chucky. I'd never even watched it; my step-brother told me the plot-line alone and that was enough to scare me shit-less for months on end.

He did the same with The Hostel, The House of Wax, Chainsaw Massacre, Get Rich or Die Tryin' (lmfao), Nightmare on Elm street, Edward Scissor-hands, Ghost Busters, 13 Ghosts and a few others. To be honest, I cried at them all. There was nothing I couldn't hysterically cry at.

#40 Bland, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015