1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which horror movie scared you the most and why?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Samael, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this point I feel like in the film A Nightmare on Elm Street because I´m sleepy, but I can't sleep (I'm at work), And instead of being slaughtered by Freddy Krueger, I would be fired by my boss.

Anyway, that got me into thinking about the question "What horror movie scared you the most and why?"

For me, it was the movie "IT" by Stephen King, because of the terrifying figure of Pennywise just before eating Georgie's arm! And the structure of the sewer where he lived, was just fascinating yet scary!

2. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Something like Paranormal Activity. I believe in spirits and demons and have worn a silver necklace - of which the silver has apparently worn off, I can't see it since it hugs my neck - for 3 years and only taken it off a few times when school were being pissy in PE. I was quite young when I saw it too.

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm... Well I mean I've seen some movies that freaked me out but nothing that really has profoundly scared me. I guess when I was younger the movies IT and Sleepy Hollow really scared me a lot, but I got over that and since then nothing has really scared me. And I watch a LOT of scary movies. There's stuff I won't watch because it involves like little kids being killed and stuff like that, but it doesn't scare me. The last movie that really left me scared to go to bed for a couple of nights was the Evil Dead and that's just because the people's faces were scary as h*** and there were a fair few jump scares.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When a Stranger Calls - they did such a great job of making the house creepy as hell

5. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Shutter! The scariest film i watched, the shocking ending and scary scenes! Its a Thai movie by the way. I recommend you guys should watch this

6. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HANDS DOWN "The Entity" - *1982

One and only movie I ever saw that til this day still scares the shit out of me (I mean after I finish watching it - I have trouble sleeping - but when I do the closet door is closed and I have a light on).

**The Entity is a horror film purportedly based on the paranormal events a woman and her family experienced circa 1974. It stars Barbara Hershey as a woman tormented by an unseen entity. Another "true story" of dubious authenticity, The Entity concerns a invisible presence. This unseen force repeatedly rapes and torments Barbara Hershey, who can't get anyone to believe her stories of sexual assault. Frankly, she doesn't believe them herself until she undergoes therapy conducted by experts in both psychology and the supernatural.**

The sounds in this movie, the score and soundtrack - just WOW.
    And I think the whole premise of being violated and tortured in the worst way by this unseen demonlike entity is horrific. It is violent and has completed latched on the this woman and won't let go. Now mind you this movie was released in 1982 - so there isn't much graphics and the rated R content would be considered mild today - even with the subject matter it covers.

#6 Jonimarie, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  7. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watched this movie with some friends, in a time when we decided to see just foreign films. I must admit I was somewhat frightening!

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2013 at 03:34 PM ----------

I also, in a way, believe in ghosts and supernatural things. This is because, as a child, I had an experience that so far I could not explain! Therefore, Paranormal Activity reminded me experience and yes it was a bit creepy. Although, given the effects and aftermath, the film completely lost credibility.

#7 Samael, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  8. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pennywise was a scary fucker, yeah!!!

9. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, this movie is scary. The house of my grandfather, now deceased, is very old. Given that the property is very large, my grandfather decided to make a few apartments for rent within the property. The strange thing was that tenants renting lasted a short time and they left without saying much. Until, with one of them, my grandfather asked the reason, as they already known each other from years ago. The reason was that they did not tolerate the things that were happening at night (things moved from place, dishes broke without any motive, and they felt a presence within the house). Departments are now long abandoned, like the house, and somehow has a supernatural and creepy look.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Seven."

It was dingy, disgusting, and creepy the whole way through. I told my friend that we should hit a bar and have a drink afterward, and I have never done that after a movie. Other movies have startled me, but not like this one.

11. justjade

Paranormal Activity, for sure. It's just creepy and eerie. I also had a hard time finishing The Exorcism of Emily Rose. The idea of being taken over by a demon just creeps me the hell out. I haven't even attempted watching any of the Final Destination movies because I hate seeing people die in weird, painful-looking ways.

12. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    "Silent House" was one of the scarier ones for me. It was particularly creepy because how real everything looked.

13. lawRAWR

I never watch horror movies. But one day, last year, I watched 'The Grudge'. Its only rated 15, but oh my... wow. I couldn't sleep for ages and I could hear her croaky voice in the night. My mind got so :***: over it... NEVER AGAIN

14. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Omg, "It" (based on Stephen King's book about a psycho clown that kills children). Endless terror. For. Months. I would seriously fall asleep in absolute horror I would wake up to find him there.

This is why, father's should know not to watch horror movies with 11 year olds XD I don't think I've really watched any horrors since, maybe a couple, but I do NOT care to repeat that.

15. Ellesar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly most horror movies have very little effect on me now 'cuz I've seen so many, but I remember when I was really young I saw the movie The Faculty and after that I was scared that my school was taken over by aliens, lol. Also tried to watch Hostel, but wow was it disturbing, and I've still never finished watching it and I don't plan to.

16. biggayguy

Room 1408 If you have ever slept alone in a hotel room this movie will get to you. I have a hard time listening to Karen Carpenter's "We've Only Just Begun" because of this movie. I'm sure there are scarier movies but this one was my limit.

17. FflewddurFflam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    An Inspector Calls with Alastair Sim. Not a horror per se, but a good, old thriller. (Personally, I think that good old thrillers are much more scarier than horror flicks)

18. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For some dumb reason, Insidious had a really weird effect on me. It was corny towards the end when they went in the "spirit world" but everything before and after that freaked me out for some reason. I don't watch Paranormal or demonic movie anymore lol, even though they were my favorite kind. They have way to much of a lasting impression on me.

19. lawRAWR

I loved this movie! I didn't find it at all scary, though, apart from the part when he looked in the apartment opposite him and something behind him attacked. That was pretty jumpy.

20. chrisV

sex and the city, because it sucked so bad.