1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where were you when you joined EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Querying, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Aquacielo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Classes were cancelled so I was in my bedroom as usual, contemplating about life and what could've been if I decided coming out to everybody, that day I told myself I need help, that I need people who I could relate to cause I really wanna have friends who do understand what I say through and through (haha silly me, always asking my straight friends for advice, don't get me wrong tho I still do love them to bits haha) so here I am presenting ... Me! haha :lol::eusa_clap(!)

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

When I joined EC, I was depressed, lonely, confused, and in the middle of questioning everything I'd ever known and exploring myself for really the first time. I was jobless, lived with my mother, homeschooled, and had no sense of community where I was at.

Now, I've got two jobs, I'm going to school, I've got a loving boyfriend, I'm finally out of my mother's and living in town, I have friends offline, I'm living full time as myself, and I've been the happiest I've ever been in in...fuck, not since I was a kid.

3. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined because talking to a stranger about my problems seemed easier then talking to someone I knew offline. If I got uncomfortable I could just close the page and that made me feel more comfortable to be honest and open.

Also wanted to meet more people, I wanted casual fun flirting and friendship. Didn't realise I would get so hooked to the site haha

4. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

I had just had my 30th birthday, and had a couple of epiphany moments around then that I really had to be me - which involved embracing my attraction for the same sex. I was back in the closet having coming out as bi in my mid 20s, and thought enough is enough!

I'm sure I came across the site through endless google searches of issues going around in my head as I came to terms with the need to come out.

Since joining, I have come out to more people than before as being "bi with a preference for women", and more recently as a lesbian. This includes family, work colleagues, people at church, and the majority of people on facebook.

Now - I've been in a relationship for the past 3 months with a woman and I feel free, fulfilled and happy!!! (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

5. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I first started lurking during the interview stage of my Oxford application, i was lonely and it was the first time i properly questioned it. I joined when i was building up the courage to:
    a) tell my friend i was gay
    b) tell my crush i liked him
    and i received lots of support and as i result i came out about a year earlier than i would've alone and have been in a happy relationship ever since and havent been bullied once...
    THANKS EC :grin:

6. Rexi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just joined today! I had been reading a lot of post over the past few months on and off. I discovered there were some pretty awesome people and stories so decided to join.