1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to I start

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MikeWolf, Sep 20, 2017.

1. MikeWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So i'm new, sort of, i've had an account for a while but i've been to scared to do anything here. I'm not really good at the whole "meeting new people" thing. But I guess now is a good a time as any.

What most people do here? Introductions? Well I'm Mike or Michael whichever is fine. I'm 18 and in my senior year of highschool. I'm out to just about everyone, which is nice and all but there's practically no other gay guys in my town, so i'm alone, which isn't all bad center of attention is nice, sometimes. But it just sucks, not having anyone to talk to, people who understand, which is why i'm here I guess, to meet new people and finally be able to talk about it. I just hope people will actually like me and all my worry has been for nothing.

2. Bakemono

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Mike! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

No reason to be scared or shy or hesitant here on EC. This is a very friendly site.

4. MikeWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Quantumreality Thanks, I'm just not really sure where to go with this site, its seems weird to just talk on someone elses thread

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Mike,

This site is fairly self-explanatory. It's primarily an LGBTQ help and support website. You can look through the forums (as you've probably already been doing) to find threads of interest to you. When you feel like it, you can comment on those threads - that's not weird, it's simply providing your own input to the topic of their thread. Sometimes you can only provide sympathetic/empathetic support. Still other times, you may be able to provide input from your direct experience. When you are ready to address your own issues, concerns, or questions, you can start your own thread in an appropriate forum and get interaction from members here on EC.

6. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally would reccomend posting about something that interests you in the chit-chat section. Also, welcome!!!

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome Mike. Please don't be afraid to comment or contribute. If you have an opinion on something, or you think you can help another member with some advice or a kind, supportive message (doesn't always have to be advice or solutions) just join in. As long as you are respectful, nobody will object, I promise you. The best way to make friends and useful contacts on this forum is to participate. We're here to help each other and make the most of membership.