1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you're unsure...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SwirlingOcean, Jun 11, 2013.

1. SwirlingOcean

Sometimes I think that I made this whole gay thing up in my head because it took me completely by surprise. But I can't be the only one that does this. Sometimes I just KNOW that I'm gay. Sometimes I worry that I'm not and I really freak out. So I always do a little gay test on myself...lol

Does anyone else who is confused or unsure google "hot men" look at the pics and see if you start thinking...thoughts? :wink: then google "hot women" and repeat?

This is what I do just to make sure I'm still gay. It really puts my mind at ease when I stress about how I've come out to people and what if this was just a figment of my imagination. I know it sounds silly, but whenever I'm in doubt I do this and every single time I realize "yup. I'm fucking gay." :thumbsup: works every time.

2. Rachael222

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I do the same thing. You'd think with all the many positive gay tests I do on myself that I'd give up worrying that I'm wrong, eh?

3. Martjain

I do the same but with women.

4. smokey-knows-all

i get scared like that too! like what if i fall in love with a guy some day (unlikely but still worries me) and everybody i know decides the whole gay thing is just a load of crap? and sometimes i get scared that everybody in my life will hate me which makes me hate myself. stupid anxiety. isn't being a teenager fun?? :dry:

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that I'm gay, but I often question if I'm really bisexual and more attracted to women. However, what reassures me is thinking about waking up next to a man. I've been with men before, but it was during a time when I could not accept myself. I mean, I'd like to think that I'm past all of that, but I'm not so sure. I'm like, a 5 on the Kinsey scale, which leaves little room for men. But I do not actively seek out men. It seems like they're flocking to me now, that I've finally accepted who I am. It's really annoying actually because it took me years to become comfortable with who I am. Anytime I question myself, I think about what it would feel like kissing a guy and it just doesn't feel right. No more questioning needed. Just follow your heart :slight_smile:

6. vrrml

i do that all the time. i had never even thought about the idea of being gay. i was fine with it, but it was something for someone else, then one day it was like the idea just appeared in my head and i couldn't get rid of it. its basically the reason i'm not out yet, because i'm worried that i will tell everyone, then realize i made it all up.
    i do the picture thing too, or if i'm out i try it with real people :icon_wink. it generally works until the next time something comes up to make me doubt myself

7. FreeFlow9917

Hell yeah, but the guys win all the fn time. Yay

8. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

9. UnrequitedLove

Im Feeling The Same Way :[ I Need Help Too