1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you come out and they don't believe you.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Purpleredhead78, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Purpleredhead78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A couple people don't seem to believe who I say to be. Maybe it's the initial shocks or that I haven't dated women yet. Hoping to make some friends in the community and go from there. It's weird when you didn't have obvious signs growing up except the stereotypes. Short hair, hardly wear make up. I just rather wear jeans and t-shirt. Make up I am very lazy about, only because I'd rather use the extra time to sleep. I'm excited about this journey and scared at the same time. I know about the hate towards the LGTBQ but I'm a loudmouth and stand up for myself. Thankfully my parents are accepting. I just wish the world was as accepting as they are. Other people I have told just were happy for me. They didn't ask why I didn't come out sooner. That's a pet peeve of mine.

beenthrdonetht and yellow turtle like this.
  2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey emily,

I agree with you. It is truly annoying.

But the bottom line is that you don't have to prove your sexuality to anyone.

If someone doesn't believe it when you Come Out to them, maybe you could just ignore them and whenever the subject of relationships or sexuality comes up in conversation, don't hesitate to consistently make honest comments in line with your sexuality.

Just a thought.

Luka99 and Purpleredhead78 like this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Emily, I'm sorry some people reacted like that, it's so annoying. Concentrate on those that are happy for you and it will get better. Do you live in an accepting area

Purpleredhead78 likes this.
  4. Purpleredhead78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks everyone. I'm learning to focus on the people who do support me. Including my parents who are the ones I care about the most. I was able to tell my staff at my day program who I trust with my life. A year ago when I was upset about something else said something that opened my eyes. You're normal isn't the same as other peoples normal and vise versa.. We are all different. The fact that I'm able to accept myself has been a long road. Not just with being gay but with everything. I've learned that once you can accept things life becomes a little easier. Things are still a struggle but I'm able to bounce back.