1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the person you tell already knows...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by covert direwolf, May 9, 2017.

1. covert direwolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to one of my friends today. I did it by giving her a note that just said 'I'm a lesbian and I like [insert someone's name here].' One of my other friends and I were having a conversation because she said that she wanted to just wake up and be a lesbian. (She was planning on breaking up with her boyfriend). I had already come out to her, so we looked at each other and burst out laughing. Then, I said that when you're a lesbian there are these people called the straights, and one day you'll look at this girl and be like, "you are the most perfect organism on this Earth," but she'll be straight. She said that it reminded her of someone she knew, and my other friend asked what was going on. I wrote the note and handed it to her.

She told me that she knew, and I just said what?? And then she said that she knew that I was a lesbian, but not about the second part. I asked her how because I look pretty straight, and she told me that I just had this aura of gayness. It was the highlight of my day. Or shall I say, the highlight of my gay??

It was just great, and I'm happy. A little shocked, but glad that I am who I am, you know? I'm proud of my lesbianness, and wouldn't be straight if I had a choice.

I just thought I'd share this with you guys. Have a great day! (*hug*)

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey covert direwolf! That was a great story (and very funny, too).:slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

(OBTW is the "correct" term 'lesbianness' or, perhaps 'lesbianism'?:grin:

#2 Quantumreality, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. scs96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've had people say the same thing to be honestly. Even before I came to terms with everything. I know some people find it offensive, but coming from people I care about whenever they tell me they had a hunch or knew or could tell I only feel more validated haha.

4. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friend!

I wish I had an aura (of bisexuality) people always assume I'm 100% straight and cis. I don't even show up on the most advanced gaydars.