1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When/if to tell people?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Marble Jar, Apr 14, 2020.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really, it is whenever you are ready. I slowly started changing how I dressed at first and then cut my hair. I used to have really long hair and I cut it short. From there, I started to slowly tell people that I was close to that I knew would not have a problem with it. From there, I just told more people as I was ready and eventually changed my name on facebook and posted a status explaining it. Now that I have transitioned and I am read as being male all the time, I sometimes have to tell people and they get really confused thinking that I am transitioning to female. So, in a way you always have to come out, it is just figuring how how/why/when you want to do it.

2. Marble Jar

Marble Jar Guest

That's amazing, i love that they think you must be transitioning to female. Thanks very much for the advice, that sounds like a really good approach.