1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Apr 13, 2013.

?

When did you know that you're LGBT?

1. Since you were a baby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3-6 years old

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. 7-10 years old

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. 11-13 years old

32 vote(s)
    25.2%
  5. Early Teen Years (14-16)

40 vote(s)
    31.5%
  6. Late Teen Years (17-19)

16 vote(s)
    12.6%
  7. Adulthood

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a sense I knew when I was 4 or 5, but I never started connecting the dots until I was about 12 and I never started the process of being more open about it until I was say...14 or so.

2. Shizune

In 3-6 grade it was often a game of truth or dare going on. I always took dare and the dare was often to pick someone of the opposite sex to kiss on the mouth. Everytime I kissed a guy it felt disguisting.

In fifth grade (11 years old) I developed a crush one of my Swedish teachers, but I didn't consider it love because I didn't think it was possible to love someone of the same sex. One year later we had sex education, where we watched a five minutes film about homosexuality. Then I knew you could love someone of the same sex.

But it was first when I was 13 that I started to realise that I really was homosexual. (When I fell in love with another teacher, and I'm still in love with her, even tought she's too old for me, my teacher and straight) :frowning2:

3. Stoical

Guess it depends on how you define know. In retrospect, high school is probably when I first starting noticing other guys in that way. But I've only just recently started accepting/acknowledging those feelings.

4. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I knew I liked girls and started considering myself a lesbian at 15. I knew I had some attraction to males but didn't take it seriously until 18/19.

5. GetMeGeechie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    when i was 13 ...i notice this guy got my attention

6. Ridiculous

I think it would've been about 14 when I properly considered myself being attracted to guys, and it wouldn't have been until 15 or 16 when I came to the conclusion that I wasn't attracted to girls.

Though I distinctly remember looking at my (male) friend's legs when I was 11 and thinking "those are nice" :lol:

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometime around the first time I ever saw Brad Pitt (3-6) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

My parents never defined for my sister and I what was supposed to be "acceptable" in terms of romantic relationships, so I didn't realize anyone thought a guy liking guys was "weird" or "intolerable" etc. until I started hearing about it in school.

8. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 11-12 I kind of figured it out, but I suppressed it and didn't accept myself until I was 20.

9. muzzymcgee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i knew since i was 5 but only just accepting it this past year at 28

10. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I definitely knew as early as three or four.

11. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Well i remember being in love with my male friends and never any of my female friends around 7-10. I knew i was different, but all i knew about the word "gay" was that it was a negative term you got called if you acted feminine or not masculine in some way, even at that age (sad right?! youths in America... lol) I admitted that I was gay to MYSELF when i was 11.. In fact, i have a little note where ive written down alot of important dates in my life and thats on there :$ im kinda sentimental like that sometimes...

Came out to my then best friend in California in 7th grade, then she moved back and i was afraid she'd tell people, so i avoided her and ruined our friendship >.<

Came out to everyone officially on New Years ;D but my friends had known since i was 15 (16 now)

12. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Gosh you guys knew so early. 22 for me...

If I really stretched the definition of "know" maybe it could be 8, 12, 15, or 20. (First feelings that maybe could have been considered gay, first questions of my feelings for girls, first consideration of the idea of being gay, second slightly more serious consideration of the idea, respectively. And then 22 being the knowing age.)

13. I thought I was gay when I was about 7 or 8 years old. Then as I grew up to go into year 6 (I was 10 or 11) I realised that I liked girls so I just assumed I was straight. I then kept thinking and thinking about it more recently and realised I still have desires for both and I realised that I'm bisexual and not gay or straight.

14. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think there were a number of different points where realisation occurred but this didn't lead to true self acceptance if that makes any sense. When I was 13 this singer brought out a song and in the video he was naked, watching the video for that was quite... interesting. Around that time, Stephen Gately came out and this was my first clue that being gay existed really, that sounds weird but it just wasn't something I was aware of before. So it was in my mind from about 13, although I think I always knew but just lacked the cognitive ability to understand what I knew.

When I was 15 and on a school residential, one of my sister's friends asked me to have sex with her. She was quite persuasive in trying to obtain my consent and I saw enough to know that I was definitely not attracted to girls. I knew that my friends were starting to have an interest in girls and I couldn't really blame my disinterest on being a "late developer" as my mother liked to say any more.

15. evora

I voted early teen years because that was the first time I read about same sex attraction and that other people experienced it as well. Then I kept ignoring it and pretended I was normal, while having these feelings I couldn't explain and feeling disgusted with myself.
    I've only accepted it a few months ago when the topic came up again but I'm sure if I was exposed more to it, I'd have accepted myself sooner.

16. leer

when I was 7-8 I used to play WWE wrestling on a trampoline in a mates back garden and I remember getting all excited when I got pinned by some of my friends one mate the guy wanting to be EDGE got me quite excited but I didnt have a clue why but I thought everyone got excited .11 on wards at senior school I began the questioning thing I think the showers after PE looking at all the shapes, sizes, nakedness that was more or less the nail on the head moment .

17. Jordz

I knew when I was about 12

18. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I voted "Adult." I first seriously questioned in my 20s, about 10 years ago reached a point of thinking I was not a Kinsey 0, and now I've come to accept there is a 99.999999999999999999999% chance I'm gay.

However, I had signs as early as 13...if only I'd been able to correctly interpret them.

19. bigdukey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew I was posibly gay when I was in the navy thats where I had my first experience I got married and had kids my wife walked out on me :kiss:and my kids this is when I decided to act on my feelings for men and I realized I was akways gay

20. Robin

I suspected when I was seven years old, actually. Probably because all the kids at my school had excellent gaydar and had pretty much already figured it out. I even asked my mom if I was. Then I went into denial, I became anti-gay, and after that unfortunate few years I decided to start looking into things more. I absolutely knew I was gay when I was 16, and had gone through years of therapy and a rather fun treatment program. Up until then, I was totally in denial. :confused: