1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your dream job?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kibou97, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Brytaleith

Right now, I've set my sights on being some sort of science research of engineering job at NASA, or Lockheed Martin. I mean, being a researcher in a college would be pretty cool too, but NASA is top priority.

I'm not exactly sure I'm going, but I fucking love science and engineering and technology and solving problems, so the dream job definitely has to include most of that. And also I'm not very familiar with the way research works as a job, anyway.

2. howell3

howell3 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    to become a chef

3. Jake8188

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always loved science and love the mind even more. I am currently in the process of becoming a psych nurse practitioner. In this job I would like to work with adolescence on their problems they experience and try to be there for them.

4. crystalbal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My dream job is to be an accountant. :slight_smile: It's fun dealing with accounts. :slight_smile:

5. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was younger, I wanted to become a veterinary surgeon. As I grew up, it has changed a lot of times. There were moments in my life where I wanted to be a doctor, a marine biologist, a microbiologist, an astrobiogist and a clinical psychologist. Now that I am older, I've learnt that you can't be everything that you want to be and that you also find the things that you are most passionate about as you experience life. These days my dream job doesn't have to be a specific job per se rather it is any job that includes the safeguarding of children and the protection of children's and family rights. I can be a social worker, an academic working on research on how to improve current services for children in need or in care or I can be a politician/policy maker.

6. FluffyKinz

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mine is working with animals, be it animal rescue or being a vet

7. rudysteiner

Realistically: a TEFL teacher and later a Psych teacher, or a translator. A little less realistically, I'd love to work as a translator for the EU, if that's still possible by the time I get the chance.

Unrealistically: a writer/one of those people with the huge doggy day-care centres you see in places like LA, but I don't think doggy day-care has taken off here as huge as it has in the US.

8. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it was a realistic goal (and I didn't suffer from serious blips in motivation), I'd love to be a writer. I still plan to do it in my spare time, because honestly, I do enjoy it (and I'm apparently good at it) so I feel like not writing at all would be a bit of a waste. I also like the idea of running a pub or a bakery, haha.

More realistically, I think I'd like to be an English literature teacher or a criminal psychologist, if I can ever cope with bloody research methods.

9. kobra kid

I want to be a comic book artist. That, or be a bassist in a band. For a while I wanted to do molecular biology stuff, but then I was like...that's the last thing I want to do with my life lol. I just want to make money doing something I enjoy, you know? I'd probably end up killing myself if I had an office job.

10. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mad Scientist!!!!!!!

11. CoderK

Quantum or Theoretical Physics Professor. I F**CKING LOVE SCIENCE. Maybe an author alongside because I really love writing and I really love the English language. And according to every English teacher I have ever had, I am quite good at writing too. I honestly don't know right now, but Physics seems like what I want to do more

#31 CoderK, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  12. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

[​IMG]

No, it's not.

Me? A writer of some kind.

#32 Connorcode, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  13. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I was probably one of the few kids who didn't really know what they wanted to be when they grew up. I don't think I have a specific "dream job", but if it involves creativity and very little contact with others I think I would enjoy it a lot.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a kid, I had a ton of dreams on my plate. Astronomer/Astrophysicist, chemist, marine biologist, robotics engineer (I dreamed of being part of the Mythbusters team since I was eight), music producer, animator, voice actor, stunt coordinator, crime scene investigator, coroner, drag performer, demonolgist/paranormal investigator, zoologist, paleontologist, playwright, and a ton of others. All of this was from about when I was about four to seventeen.

These days now, I'm focused on being a filmmaker (hopefully in the horror underground community) and a writer.

15. Formality

Dream job? I don't even know what to say here.

I'd like to think that I could be this great human being that is capable of saving the planet. Then the cynic in me is like: "There's no point because humans are greedy assholes and will never change". But then I get all emotional because I start thinking about this beautiful universe and realize how we are capable of figuring out what this crazy thing called existence is all about. So then I want to become an environmental scientist anyways to do my part in helping our species survive and reach the status of interstellar space travellers.

Honestly though I don't think I could ever work with anything that doesn't sedate me from the harsh reality of our inevitable self destruction. No joke here, I think I'd eventually end up killing myself if I worked with trying to "save" our species. Or maybe it would give me purpose to push on. I honestly don't know. The whole thing is just depressing, yet I have this weird desire to do something like this with my life.

I should probably just aim at having a fun life and die happy instead of working hard towards some unreachable goal only to die with the knowledge of having wasted my life on the idea that our species had a chance to begin with. So maybe, my dream "job" is just to live a spartanic life in a little self sustained house and just enjoying what this planet has to offer, living off of it's fruits, barely getting by. It sure sounds like a dream to me.

This is basically my mind on figuring out what my purpose is.

Horrible, am I right? :lol:

#35 Formality, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  16. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dream job would be opening a private practice as a Psychologist that focuses on behavioral patterns and counseling.

17. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IT professional for the Port of Portland.

18. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Drive the Google Maps car.

19. Cedar

I think it's probably something that makes other people's lives better. I'm still trying to figure it out but I definitely know I want to go into some thing in either the sciences or medical. Doing research sounds pretty fun though. When I was a part of a certain job searching group, I would literally drool over post-doc jobs that were out in norway or somewhere else. That type of thing sounds so exciting to me.

20. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Veterinarian ^^