1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the T, guys?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CJliving, Sep 10, 2018.

1. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey, it's been a while since I was on here!

I've had T on the brain recently and just wanted some firsthand experiences. I've read the pdfs and all that, so mostly, I just want to hear about your experiences thinking about/being on T. When did you decide to start? What kind of thoughts led you to that decision? How did it change your thinking/perception of self? Literally anything else that I can't think of because I haven't done it.

Thanks!

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started hormones as soon as I could, which was for me at 19 years old. I am currently 8 months on T and now 20 years old. It has been a bit different from what I expected, only because everyone's experience is different and sometimes certain changes take longer for some people than for others. A lot of that has to do with genetics and your dosage.

I'll break it down the physical changes from top to bottom, and excuse me if I am TMI sometimes (I think it's important to go over everything because some things they just don't tell you and it's surprising when it happens!)

Head/mind:
    Some people have had receding hairlines or thinning hair. I haven't noticed this for me (yet). My face shape must have changed a little because I pass much better now than I used to. Also, my libido spiked like crazy for the first few months while my body was getting used to having testosterone in the system (it has evened out now). I currently have very little facial hair, only peach fuzz, but that is due to my genetics probably as I have older brothers and they still can't grow shit either.

Neck:
    Voice has been the biggest and happiest change for me. My voice started dropping the first month on hormones and steadily continued to lower until about month 6.

Body and body hair:
    I have not noticed much body fat redistribution, but that usually takes over a year to notice anything significant. I have had a little increased body hair, but mostly below the belt (thighs and yes, you'll get a hairy ass too).

Lower regions:
    There has been bottom growth and a lot of increased sensitivity down there.

Skin:
    I am more prone to acne breakouts on my face and body. So I have to take extra care to bathe daily and wash my face often. My skin texture also changed to be rougher and oily-er than it was before. Plus, a big change I noticed is I smell way different than I used to... and not for the better. So be equipped with men's deodorant and cologne!

Overall, the biggest change for me was my voice, and that made me really happy. Emotionally, it helps a lot to pass 100% of the time. Because of that I am a lot more confident. Though it is also interesting, because now for the first time in my life people always read me as male, so with that comes a lot of pressure to fit in with society's idea of masculinity. There is also the whole other world of socializing with guys that I still haven't adjusted to and don't fully understand. So I am working on that. It is interesting too because I am less concerned with the changes now since they are slower and more gradual, whereas in the first few months on T I was watching and recording everything all the time.

So that is some of what has happened for me. I hope you too will get to experience the wonders of testosterone soon~

#2 Kodo, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    CJliving and Hanyauku like this.
  3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been on T since 2014. I decided to start it when I realized that I needed to change something. I wanted to be able to look more masculine. I had lived socially as male for about a year, but that was just not enough for me. The first thing that I really noticed was how much more energy I had on T. I also noticed that I started to be able to do more physical tasks easier that I had been able to do them before. I then noticed that my voice was dropping a lot. The voice cracks that came with this was very annoying. I still am having changes to my voice. I then noticed that I was super hungry almost all the time. This leveled out over time though. I had to start taking a medication for my acne because it was not enough to use medicated face wash. I had acne really bad on my back. The medication has helped this a lot, but I have been able to decrease the amount of the med that I take because the acne is finally starting to subside. I've also grown a lot more body hair. I have not had any receding hairline issues as of yet, so I am thankful for this. It took about 3 months for my period to stop totally. I started noticing changes to my body shape at about 6 months. I noticed that it was becoming more masculine.

For me, being on T has changed a lot of things. It really has made me understand more about myself, because I am more comfortable with my body. It took me a while to understand how to communicate effectively while being seen as male. This is something that I still have issues with from time to time. Also, people that did not know that I had transitioned started asking if I was my own brother. So, that was a fun question to answer.