1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the dumbest anti-gay or anti-gay marriage argument you've ever heard?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Salazar

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That may well be the funniest thing I've read in my life! And it's all true! I frequently collude with the ducks.

2. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

"You can't understand why I'm against it. It's one of my morals."

o____O At this point, they gave up arguing with me, probably because they realized they had no good reasons to be heterosexist.

3. worriedWardrobe

Person: "Well, god made us to be straight"

Me: "God made us?"

Person: "Yeah"

Me: "All of us?"

Person: "Yep"

Me: "So, what your saying is that your god made all of us. Every single one of us in his image? I guess that means god is at least partially gay, then."

Person: *dumbfounded stare*

4. Shiny Espeon

Don't forget the "If we let gays marry, then whose to stop us from letting bigamists marry? Or People who want to marry animals? Or whose to say pedophilia is wrong?" The slippery slope argument. My favorite.

5. Bexie Lexie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When a politician over here linked gay marriage to bestiality.

I believe it was something like: "If we let gays get married, what will be next? People marrying their dogs?"

The media really jumped on that one.

6. Equalist

Equalist Guest

In one of my classes last year, somebody came out during a class presentation (interesting way to come out), and then there was a big argument throughout the whole class whether or not being gay was a choice, and somebody said:
    "My mom taught me to be straight!"

LOL. I'm so done.

7. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On an online forum that was actually used against me several times, to which I replied that Eve might have decided it was more fun to become Steve.

I don't care what bigots think. Give me one solid argument why two men or two women cannot be in honest love, without dragging God and the Bible into all this. I will find that special person and no matter what they say (over here it's quite homophobic, and our Archbishop, and several pastors speak out about how gay people can never be a family) I will remain true to who I am.:thumbsup:

A very well-known philosopher, religious man and theologian who passed away last year said that the only sin you can commit in something like this is if you go against your own conscience and deny yourself just to please others.

8. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think my favorite one is when people say if we let gays marry humanity will become extinct , as if by giving us a piece of paper with legal rights, the rest of the 96% of the population of the country that is straight and have been so all their lives will one day wake up and realize " gee you know what now that gays can marry I think I'm gay , I'm goin be gay now and never have children" even if that were to happen , I'd call it population control we don't need any more people on this planet it can barley take care of the ones it has, gay adoption needs to be legal everyone it's population control and giving home to kids who's straight parents didnt want them or couldn't afford them, gay people are a lot less Likley to abandon their kids.

9. I dont even know if this really answers your question, but one guy i talked to online once said that I must have had a bad relationship with my father and not enough manly figures in my life...which is completely wrong because I had a very close/good relationship with my father growing up. Some people are just so ignorant! haha

10. jp16

The one that really annoys me and i think ultra dumb also is "If we legalize homosexuality why don't we legalize rape and serial killers." like duh!~

11. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ^^^ this! Pisses me off its like hello those things are harmful to other people 2 consenting adults is not harmful to anyone .

12. jp16

IKR lot of people are so ignorant and didn't know what their talking about. It's sad:frowning2: