1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Next

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jakebusman, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We'll if you haven't heard I came out to my wife about my Bisexuality and she accepts it and loves I feel dumb by asking this what's my next step ?

RogerM likes this.
  2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jakebusman

Well. Does there have to be a next step? My wife wanted to be included in my exploration into the "gay parts" of my sexuality. So, we attended Pride, started guy watching together, a little sexual role playing (neither of us cared for this). Mostly, it was just that I could be open. I had spent SO many years not discussing my sexuality with anyone that I did that with my wife. Pretty quick she asked me to find some other bi or gay guys to chat with as she grew a little weary of it.

It sort of depends on what your wife wants to know and you want to do. If you want to open the marriage, my advice is to give it some time before discussing that. We waited six months and when we did, it was my wife's idea that I should explore.

Enjoy being open, honest and authentic. The rest sort of finds its path.

RogerM likes this.
  3. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    BTW. Congrats!!! I know how hard it is to build up to that conversation.

RogerM likes this.
  4. RogerM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well first of all, congratulations! I came out to my wife about five months ago. The following few months were a bit of a roller coaster of emotions for both of us, so expect that. Nothing bad, just expect some highs and lows. From everything I’ve read, it is widely recommended to not make any drastic changes to the marriage for one year and I happen to agree with that advice. (For our situation at least). You’ve taken a huge, positive step for yourself, enjoy how that feels for a bit. :blush: