1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's it like to be transgender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by John W, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It sucks, bruh. In which way has been described well by many above. If you want to know about how much it sucks, just imagine about the worst you've ever felt. It's just... the worst.
    EDIT: Now I'm describing dysphoria, though. In some ways it is, however, a pretty rich and mysterious experience, even though it's virtually never a "fun" one.

#21 Invidia, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's not a direct substitute but it's more like a lubricant that grease the wheels that get you moving there. Like I said it's not only the state of mind but dedicated physical and mental effort that is gonna get you to that hormone therapy or surgery. Its the same for anything in life you gotta go out of your way to get, and its been my experience that it's hard enough surviving without having something like that to worry about on the side. With all of that against you, you simply cant afford to be against yourself. It's what you make it, whether that's a brick wall in the middle of your path or an iron fist that can punch through and keep you moving forward

3. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    Vaguely unpleasant to say the least.

4. Irisviel

It's also a bit like (since I can relate somewhat) being gay or high on Kinsey scale but in a relationship with the opposite sex.

You can have sex, achieve orgasm (I guess at least from male bodied perspective), but it all feels just off. You might enjoy the time with the other person but constantly feel weirdly unfulfilled and fake.

I'm bi, but that's how I feel with women when I am supposed to be a man. This is of course one of the aspects of my dysphoria (that I would like a girl as a partner but only if I was her girlfriend, not a boyfriend). However, this can work as a comparison nonetheless. It makes one unfulfilled, just like a gay person is in a straight relationship. You can live with this but it's all kinds meh, and can be quite severely bad.

5. ecallan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just personally wanted to say thank you John W for starting this thread. I thought it was such a good question and so insightful. I wanted to thank everyone that responded. I learned so much from each and everyone of you.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

It's definetely more complicated. Some people are physically dysphoric and others are socially. Sometimes they overlap. Both dysphoria have an effect on mental health.

I always knew I was different. Knew I was jealous of girls. I repressed that a long time out of fear.

We all wish we could be studs and models. Cis gender people do too. We just want to be comfortable with who we are inside and want to be accepted. Contrary to popular belief trans women are not all gay crossdressing perverts nor are trans guys butch lesbians. A lot of educating needs to be done to the general populace.