1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's it like to be an eye candy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marty18, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother is what you would consider an ''eye candy'' , everyone I know that see a picture of him goes on and on and on about how attractive he is and should I introduce him to them etc... To be fair he is living what some people would consider the great life, picks up all the chicks etc... but he is a very shitty personality, have dropped out of school because he considered being cool and popular more important than studying and figured he didn't need to because he was hot and surely (in his world) that should be enough to find a job and live comfortably... He has an excruciating personality and a very shitty attitude towards life and people and general and I personally would dread to end up with anyone even remotely like him.

I personally don't consider myself the hottest girl in town in the slightest but I attract a fair bit of attention and I personally hate it 99.9% of the time. Sure, I guess people complimenting you about your physical appearance and how you dress always feel good but sometimes it has actually the opposite effect and make you feel insecure or self-conscious, I know it does for me. I like dressing well (for myself) but I hate the fact that it's going to mean that I'll most likely face sexual harassment during the day.

I hate that guys thinks it's okay to comment about my body, touch me or worse ( ! ) try to kiss me when they are pretty much strangers to me. I hate feeling watched / checked out because I dared to show a bit of my legs by wearing some shorts or a dress.

I hate the pervy looks in some 40+ yo men that are old enough to be my father as they call me pretty/sexy/hot and everything in-between. It simply grosses me out.

Sometimes I just want to take public transportation, listen to my music and NOT talk to anyone and be in my own little world, yet more often than not people think it's totally appropriate/the right timing to come and try to talk to me and get my number.

To be honest I hate looking even remotely attractive to guys (yes it gets me free stuffs but no I don't want/need them).

I have a few friends that are actual models (one lives and work in NYC and have been in a few magazines and pausing for brands etc..) and a few others that are not necessarily drop-dead gorgeous (not that they are remotely ugly,) but famous for having appeared in shows such as The voice etc... and they all have something in common.
    Lots of strangers adding them on facebook, acting like they know them ( and most likely for the sake of being able to say they have 'famous' friends which is ridiculous IMO) and their pictures always being 'perfect' and model-like as if the worst thing that could ever happen would be us seeing them as they actually are ( in other words normal people that don't really wear make-up 24/7 and have bad days too).

Most of them are childhood friends, some I met later but all before they were remotely famous and I can only say I don't envy them. I feel as if they can't even rant on their own facebook page anymore as if they need to lead up to the standards of others. I also feel as if they can't really have friends now as most want to befriend them for their own personal reasons. I think it sucks, I am sure if I asked them they would come up with a few things that are indeed great about this lifestyle but I personally don't envy them at all.

I also think that most models are actually not that attractive (especially male ones) I have been to holister/abercrombie and fitch a couple times and apart from one or two some aren't even attractive. Abs, don't make someone attractive in my book. I sometimes (rarely) watch the runaways shows and I cringe at everything I see from the clothes which 100% of the time I find awful, and the models that are more often than not way too skinny and not more attractive that any other guy or girl in the street ( I would even say more often than not, less attractive than them).

So yeah based on my sole experience I would say being attractive brings its own lot of trouble as well as being unattractive or average. I would personally remain average even though of course the thought of being permanently drop-dead gorgeous is tempting. :wink:

#21 Lin1, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. tulipinacup

The only people who call me attractive are old people though they call everyone goodlooking but then again I'm not complaining about it.

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    ^ The others are probably intimidated by your good looks!

4. Uniqua123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not all about looks it's about the personality

5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only people that says I am handsome are 6 year old girls :dry:

6. guitar

What's it like? It's amazing :wink:

7. joshvolby

im an average guy but still i get too much attention from other people like when im in a bar random gay/guy talk to me and invite me to their table, and there is this experience that a guy followed me in CR and tried to harass me he suddenly kiss me and touch my d*** luckily im not that drunk so i push him hard and run away( worst case i got raped if i were drunk). thats for an average guy what else could happen for an eye candy.

8. EnchanterForest

The closest thing to being "eye-candy" was when I walk through a Year 11 class (There are no hallways at my school so you have to walk through classes to get to yours) and I got called fit. Which I was generally surprised about because that was the first time; other than they conversations I have with a boy in my year who is the play boy.

9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never called myself handsome, I couldn't...

However, many (too many) people have been giving me compliments about my looks. Back then as I was on denial, there would be stares, and even on a few times some wolf whistling, which I confronted each and every time.
    If I had the guts to go out in drag, it became just too much to take : Almost every single male looked at me, some of them even trying his luck. Again, all for the wrong reasons, so I didn't enjoyed myself much, and I needed to be really drunk to accept any invitation or favor from a stranger.

Now there are still stares, even if way less than before and probably for other reasons, but from time to time it's a girl and she is giving me that nervous-giggling look, so I guess it's ok... If I was more brave with girls.
    I used to be way more confident as I was on the closet, now my looks are making me miss many chances because I don't feel self assured anymore.

Being good looking isn't always a blessing : When you are attractive and carry yourself with confidence, you can get away with a ton of shit, and if you don't keep your feet on the ground, you end up becoming an asshole. And I would have become one if I had born with the right body, I'm sure of that...

10. sea

sea

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I was programmed by society to fit the typical fem look, so I know what it's like to be seen as eye candy. It's an enormous pain is the arse- it's just an energy drain. I only even played the part out of habit and am finally stepping out of it, but honestly, it's a curse.

Imagine a world where a bunch of zombies step into your personal space, all day long, literally just for the sake of demanding your attention and attempting to "win you over"- in the most boring ways conceivable.

I'm a sensitive person, so I tend to be really responsive to other people's demands and energy, and yeah- it's just freaking obnoxious. I think 75% of my public life just went into *dealing* with repetitive men.

It became so annoying, I wanted to hide behind enormous sweaters and gain weight. AND I'm no super model- I'm just an attractive person. God, I can't imagine what models have to deal with.

I'm finally learning how to claim my own space and carry myself in a way that isn't perceived as approachable "eye candy". What a bunch of crap.

PASS.

#30 sea, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  11. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest your Cute :kiss: i never had the chance to say it

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

First of all, you really shouldn't be hard on yourself. Everyone is attractive to someone. Everyone has a few, or some kind of type, and regardless of what you or anyone else looks like someone out there is super into it. That's what I have learned on the internet.

I will say that growing up in a small town with basically no gay people around led me to think that I was quite the ugly duckling and I suppose that for a time in high school I truly was. There was simply no one around that was interested. I sort of blossomed in college and after I moved to a very large city I was suddenly and surprisingly showered in a lot of male attention for the first time in my life and it was pretty overwhelming to be honest, but it was fun at first.

Honestly..it gets kind of old though. I am very vain, and I put a lot of time and effort and money into my wardrobe, my hair, my body. I work out constantly, I try to eat healthily when I can. It takes a lot of energy and it's not always worth it. People can get weirdly possessive and seem to think that I owe them something. Like my time, or my affection. Or even just my attention. Just today actually a random guy said hello to me and then got salty when I tried to leave. He said "What, you don't have anything else to say now?" And sort of followed me while I made some completely inane chitchat until I got inside. I didn't feel threatened, but I was supremely pissed at the entire situation. I was minding my own business. He couldn't and wouldn't do the same.

Online, I get quite a few completely obscene messages that do nothing but basically objectify me. It kind of detracts from anything meaningful happening and I think it impedes real human connections and sort of overshadows my other qualities. So I tend to be really guarded around new people and most people I avoid out of habit now. Emotionally, it takes a toll and paints a bit of a negative worldview of people as a whole.

#32 Kidd, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2016
  13. RemakeJake

I wouldn't know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got cruised once a year ago in the men's underwear section at Kohl's. By the time I worked up the nerve to talk to the guy, he was gone. Being that I rarely get such attention, I tend to be flattered. At the same time, I don't know how to deal with it because I think it is someone trying to punk me etc and often am embarrassed. The bullying I experienced in school still lingers on unfortunately.

#34 QueerTransEnby, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016