1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's good about being single and gay/LGBT/queer?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Suomi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With youtube, instagram, twitter, cdbaby, social media, all this shit now. You don't need to go to school or training. That's good advice, but I don't think it's really that necessary now.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of stage or theater acting. I think it's lovely, and it's art, but it's just not my thing. I do appreciate the talent in it. I'm more into method acting really.

So theatre arts school seems not that interesting to me.

I kinda of more want to do music than acting. Even though I like both. Either being a singer, or a vocalist in a group or something. You don't have to audition for music. Just get your shit on pandora/spotify and get your name out there like that.

It's not really about looks.

Plus, there are many people with number one singles on the radio, that work regular jobs. Yet still are producing lovely music.

The only luck part is that people nowadays like crappy dream pop electro, or sappy acoustic artsy shit. I don't like that music, so. I like R&B, I like Jazz and I like funk, I like soul, I like disco dance pop. That's me.

There are not that many black gay musicians out there so.

With acting, it is more tough. You do have to audition, and look good, and it's high society and attractiveness and luck. With men, usually they want leading roles, or leading protagonists or something like that.

Which is why I'm hoping with music, maybe I can gain an advantage over that.

Not that many actors, are musicians as well. Eddie Murphy is a prime example. He's actually a pretty good R&B and soul singer and kinda was intermeshed with his comedy career.

#41 Suomi, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. Lynn12

Lynn12 Guest

You mentioned you get fired from jobs. Have you ever looked into starting a business of some kind? I am a big animal lover so I started my own pet sitting business with very little income. I got myself licensed, bonded, and insured. I was able to make a living doing a job I love.

Suomi likes this.
  3. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have. I wanted to have my own liquor/wine store.

But I don't want to do something like that on my own. I would love to have a partner with me for that.

Funny enough I want to be a Bartender.

Not really for nightclubs or bars, but for lounges and hotels and stuff like that.

Being that I'm black and gay and feminine, I'm scared people don't want to hire me.

#43 Suomi, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    gravechild likes this.