1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's going on?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hats, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So two years ago I came out here on EC as genderfluid. I felt great. It made sense of how I was experiencing gender and I finally felt free - the happiest I'd been in ages. Coming out on Facebook last year made a huge difference to my happiness and my relationship with my partner. The thing is, as time has gone on I've started to question my gender increasingly often. I feel like I'm being pushed towards binary trans. It's been a while since I've felt exclusively male and I'm beginning to wonder whether my default setting isn't just me locking down on an exclusively female identity. Often if I try and picture myself, It's like I'm happy to be genderqueer or with a drive to present androgynously, but I want to start from an afab body, not the amab one I have. I'd rather be an afab trying to look amab than the other way around. Conversely I don't feel that if I identified as exclusively female that it would be enough. What would I do with my masculinity which I feel is a valid part of me? It's like I'm a tomboy but I feel like often I'm just too masculine for that. I do get dysphoria. It sucks. But I worry a lot that transition wouldn't solve my problems. I do still have days where I'm happy with my body and being perceived as male, that I am male. Why is this happening? I thought once you'd found your gender, that was it. Sorry I'm panicking - It's hard not to when I feel the gender rug has been pulled from under me again.

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, for a lot of people the self discovery lasts years. Especially in stories like yours. I don't intend to transition with hormones etc but for many years I identified:
    - firstly as a demigirl
    - then as agender
    - then as gender fluid
    - then as androgynous
    Only to find out after several years that it was about me feeling male. On the way, I changed my gender expression and went further and further, and one day, I was trying to be androgynous and people started to repeatedly see my masculinity instead of androgyny, once I reached the threshold that they noticed somethig gender-y was happening. And I saw that too. Indeed, this whole time the reason for this whole quest was "I am a girl, but I have a male brain".

SkyWinter likes this.
  3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gender can be confusing. It's always sort of murky. It's not as simple as you "find it' like you find a lost object.