1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's annoying about you?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Orion, Feb 3, 2008.

1. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very quiet, Moody and emotional.

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Better question is what isn't annoying about me.
    -I laugh at my own jokes and 90% of the time I'm sure they're not funny to anyone else.
    -I'm arrogant.
    -I tell people things multiple times because I forget that I've already told them.
    -My attention span constantly fluctuates.
    -I push myself away from social situations and I'm terrified people will hate me for it (some have)
    -There are things that I have ideas for and think could be fun but my anxiety kicks me down before I can even try.
    -For someone who doesn't speak up too too often, I feel like I can be controlling.
    -I'm lazy. And procrastinate. Always.
    -I'm passive. Too passive. It makes me completely indecisive.
    -I've been getting better at this one, but I struggle to look at myself in the mirror
    -I look. And sound. Too much. Like I'm younger than I am. I asked my stepdad about it one day and he told me I looked like I was 15. Cripes.
    -Every time I talk about a low emotional state I'm having or something, I feel like I'm being desperate for attention. Which is why I don't talk about it much.

I...could probably go on for a lot more. I'm gonna stop here.

#122 AgenderMoose, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  3. SHIELDAgentAlex

OH MY GOD YES.

I remember the names of people I haven't spoken to in years. They forget about me, but not vise versa, so I'll occasionally try to talk to someone I haven't spoken with in a while, but they won't remember me.

4. GayPugs

I have horrible anxiety and I'm always talking about how depressed I am. I can see that it makes people not want to be around me and it makes me lose my friends and that just makes me more depressed. IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE! Oh, also, I always pretend I don't know any of the words to a song and then someone asks me to sing it and I know every single word...like, not consciously but when the music gets me going, it gets me going.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe my slight fascination with nuclear weapon simulations? :grin:

Although, seriously.... antisocial, bossy, impatient, and overly dramatic

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Sometimes I do that thing where I'm in a conflict with someone or Im being accused of doing something shitty and I instead turn it around to my own problems to elicit sympathy as a way to worm my way out of the situation. I'm working on it.

7. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I care too much about what others think of me. I have very low self-confidence. I value others happiness over my own ( not always tho, but about 70% of the time ). I'm too harsh on myself. I worry too much. I'm working on all of these things but have barely made any improvement ;-;

8. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate kids...there, I said it.

9. ScarletWitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I make snarky remarks and don't have a filter. I also appear to be insensitive as I don't always think before I speak

10. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I laugh when I don't know what to say. Which is a lot. It's weird :/

11. AmyBee

I sing along to songs constantly. I talk too much and have trouble knowing when to stop. I don't like to make people angry but I have the worst temper.

12. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a hedonist. I truly indulge fully in everything and believe in live every day like it's your last. What the fuck is a savings account good for? I want it all and I want it now.

13. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I procrastinate.. A lot...

14. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks like someone beat me to it. I’m just an annoying person, and it can be hard to find positives really. Let’s see…

1) I’m a really picky eater. I don’t mean to be this way, but some food just makes me want to gag, and sometimes I can’t concentrate on eating because I just find myself being overwhelmed by certain smells. I don’t like strong foods, and often people tell me that my taste in food is bland and boring. I struggle to be near people who are eating strong foods, because a part of me just wants to run away and leave, but sadly this isn’t always an option.

2) I can be obsessive. I have to check I’ve closed car doors several times, checked that the oven and the stoves are off, that I’ve closed the doors in the house, that I’ve closed certain drawers in the house, that I haven’t left any taps on, that I’ve closed the microwave, that the fridge is closed, that the oven door isn’t open, that bottle lids are screwed on several times, and that the cat’s food, water and litter tray are in the right place. I have a fairly repetitive night routine, and not much gets past me. This can get on people’s nerves though, and I have been told off before for checking certain things more than once. At one point I had a habit of constantly checking over my shoulder when I would walk down the street. However, I don’t do this anymore.

3) Despite this repetitiveness, I am not good at time. I have a really poor sense of time, and sometimes I can’t even rely on clocks. If I don’t set off ridiculously early, I’ll be late. Sometimes I misread clocks (for instance- 4:24 becoming 4:42). Dammit brain. Although sometimes this number swapping can actually work to my advantage (for instance, I might bring more money than I needed because I remembered it wrong- so if someone asked me to bring £4.60, I might bring £6.40 by accident because I remembered the instructions wrong, but it may come in handy if say a situation occurs where the extra money actually comes in use. Although, this can backfire- for instance, I may think a certain event is on a different date than it actually is, and yeah… it doesn’t help my reliability, or rather- lack of. Sometimes I’ll lose track of time, and as such have less time to do my night routine- so yeah.

4) I have an overactive imagination. Which yeah, can be a good thing but it can also be a bit of a curse. I tend to obsess over my nightmares, can be a bit paranoid sometimes, and horror can really mess me up. Sometimes it even turns into one of my obsessions. (avoiding certain things, or checking them because of whatever it is I’ve seen). Which can limit me, and can annoy others.

5) You can’t take me anywhere. Well, you can- but I get freaked out by crowds and overstimulated easily. I have coping methods, but sometimes I just can’t take it- and I’ve had panic attacks before. I don’t really know why I’m bothered by these things, but a part of me just says to hide and run away, even though there’s no danger and it’s hard to ignore. Loud noises and strong smells are particularly an issue.

6) I can be a little too literal for my own good sometimes. Sure, I understand phrases and expressions- but I can still mess up on this sometimes. Many of my own jokes revolve around times in the past where I’ve been too literal, as I like to joke about myself.

7) I’m bad at maths, so please don’t rely on me for help on such topics.

8) Likewise, I’m bad at directions. Sometimes I get my left and right mixed up. And don’t even ask me which way is east or west for a certain point on a map or area.

9) My face annoys people. It naturally gives off that look that many people mistake to be an invitation for a fight. Even when I’m not feeling confrontational at all. And when I try and smile, it can make me look like I’m planning something diabolical apparently. I just seem to have the face of a supervillain, that’s all. Please don’t hurt me, I don’t want to fight you.

10) Also my voice has several modes- too quiet, too loud, too monotonous, and too filled with emotion that it makes it sound like I’m being sarcastic. I try, ok?

11) I tend to assume that everyone is confused. I’ll often guess that a person’s facial expression means they’re confused (unless it’s something really obvious) but hey, at least I’m sometimes right.

12) I’m not good with subtly- aside from subtle food flavours. Don’t be surprised if I misread what you meant by your lip-reading and hand signals, or tone. I’d rather you pull me aside and tell me what’s going on, away from the people you’re trying to keep in the dark about whatever it is.

13) Apparently I walk too loudly.

14) I’m indecisive, but when I have made up my mind- I can be stubborn.

15) I sometimes keep grudges.

16) I have quite a few fears and phobias, and it can take me a while to move past some of them. Some I’ve had for most of my life.

17) Once I get going, it can be hard to get me to shut up. I have gotten better at noticing when others get bored though.

18) With a couple of people (particularly those in an authority position) I have a hard time keeping eye contact with, I also get nervous when I have to ask someone in authority a question (even if they’re nice) although usually overtime this is no longer a problem as I get to know them.

19) I’m lazy and I tend to procrastinate. Plus, I sleep a lot. Probably more than I should. I need a better sleep routine.

20) I spend too much time on my computer, and on the internet.

21) I can get a little clingy when it comes to friends, and sometimes I talk to them too much and they can get sick of me after a while.

22) When I’m at a fabric or clothes shop, I find it hard to resist the urge to feel/touch all the materials.

23) I can be overly negative and critical of myself, and sometimes others.

24) I can be over-dramatic at times.

I’ve probably forgot a load more, but this’ll do for now.

#134 Canterpiece, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  15. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound quite a bit like me. :lol:

16. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? Huh. In that case...

[​IMG]

17. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup:

18. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm too sincere. to the point that makes people cringe. :lol:

19. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can be a real mean son of a bitch, like I can rip into people a bit too hard which im trying to roll back on

20. Cosm1cNova

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the fact that i stutter when i talk and im really nervous especially around people i know