1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a game that you love, but everyone seems to hate?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by trashqueen, Aug 2, 2016.

1. trashqueen

Debatable answer, but for me it'd be Kingdom Hearts. Probably my absolute favourite series, but it gets just as much hate as it does praise. People seem to think it just babied up Final Fantasy hahah

2. White Knight

Many people think Neverwinter Night Original Campaign was not that good. I love it.

Same applies for Saints Row 4... I love using super powers in that game but everyone I know hates that part of game. I don't even use guns or cars in that game... SS + Unarmed attack combo way much better.

3. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't love it but I honestly liked Final Fantasy XIII

4. Theo Weiss

Team Fortress 2; all of my buds trash on me for loving this game. Although overall it is still a well liked game.

5. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Devil May Cry 2. Although I don't love it, I do really like it.

6. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Company of Heroes 2.

7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anything from the Warriors series.

#7 GeeLee, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  8. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hydlide, Friday the 13th, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Spelunker, E.T., Sword of Sodan, Two Worlds, Jurassic Park: Trespasser, Colosseum: Road to Freedom, Robotic Alchemic Drive, Mr. Mosquito. I could keep going but that's plenty I guess.

9. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The gen five Pokemon games

10. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hm, I'll go with Spore.

Sure, it was incredibly limited and watered down in comparison to what we were promised, but at the same time I had a lot of fun with it.
    I made an interstellar violet moth-race and annihilated nearly all hostile civilizations, turning the planets and plants purple as a sign of territory. I made the main antagonists my sidekicks and continued my reign of purple terror for weeks. Assimilate!

I had essentially become the Corruption from Terraria now that I think about it. That was great. Funny enough I do the same thing there. :lol:

11. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love those games. I personally think they are better than the gen four games (except HG and SS).

#11 Blood Elf, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  12. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like any outright hated games. The one that comes close is Super Mario Sunshine. I hear people complain about it all the time, but it was one of my favorite games.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kerbal Space Program. It's hard in almost the same way as Dark Souls is-- infuriating and relentless, but fair. And once you do figure it out, oh boy, it pays you back for that fun you've worked for.

[​IMG]

14. Glowing Eyes

I don't love this game but Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark. To me, it's basically a less spectacular, more glitchy, more generic version of Fall of Cybertron (which I did love). It did come off as a slap-stick rehash of the previous game. It had the exact same guns (no difference at all) with the same upgrades, the same powers, mostly the same characters, and even a re-used cutscene. But since I liked the other game so much, even a quick cash-in version is still good enough for me. I do understand why other's hate the game.

15. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    According to Metacritic, the lowest rated video game I've enjoyed is Hyperdimension Neptunia. Average score of 45/100 from critics. I would rate it 50/100 or even 60/100. I didn't love the game. I liked it. I realized I was having fun when I unleashed the Canadian flag as a magic attack

I loved Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, all three remakes of the original games, and Megadimension Neptunia Vii. They were all better than the first game

Judging by user reviews, there are people who hate the series for understandable reasons such as flawed gameplay. Then there are people who hate it for silly reasons such as fanservice... despite them being okay with Mortal Kombat. Of course I love bloodshed in games such as Bloodborne. But sometimes I want to play some fun so-called 'childish' games

Of course everyone knows the real game I can't get enough of is Astragon's magnum opus known as Street Cleaning Simulator. I've never seen such realistic physics in a video game!!1! XD (sarcasm)

16. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I've been playing spore myself a bit the last few weeks, kinda wish they had of done more with it though as well. Doesn't take that long to get maxed out once ya hit space.

Hearthstone is the only game I play regularly though, I was a wow addict for way too many years rate up until I killed Arthas, I just got hooked on hearthstone and once it went mobile.. Well like I said I play daily.

17. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked Evolve when it came out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I also liked Destiny and the Division even when most people had stopped playing them. I can't help it... I'm loyal to gaming communities!

18. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fallout 4 and Alice: Madness Returns come to mind. Those are two of my all-time favorites, but both of them get a LOT of hate. Alice for supposedly being a watered-down, boring version of American Mcgee's Alice (which I find to be bull but whatever) and Fallout 4 for being nothing like it's predecessors and taking the RP out of RPG. Personally, I love character driven stories, so I'm completely okay with the person I'm controlling having a voice and a personality. Also, games are allowed to deviate from the ones before them; can't just copy the same thing over and over again.

19. Lazuri

People in this thread have weird conceptions of games that are universally hated--more than half the games mentioned were well received or at least had a mixed reception from both critics and players.

The game that springs to mind for me is Lord of the Rings: Conquest. I'll be the first to tell you that it was a piece of shit, but I enjoyed it regardless.

20. Dorothy Haze

Persona 2...the PSP port of Innocent Sin got a low score just for being a port...which....??? I don't exactly understand?

Fable II got a mixed reception, but it's my personal favorite in the Fable series...though I've only played II and the Lost Chapters.

I also like some kusoge, which in Japanese is slang for a laughably bad or tacky game...so things like Cho Aniki and Hong Kong 97 are games I enjoy ironically. Though, honestly, I enjoy Cho Aniki beyond the irony to just pure love. You have to play it at least once with friends, it's a blast.

#20 Dorothy Haze, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016