1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see added to EC?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Aug 26, 2006.

1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

i agree to that all the way

2. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would love more contests!!!!

3. Kimi

Since I have a lot of pictures in my gallery I would like to see more attachment storage. Right now, it's only 10 MB and I wish I could use bit more. Because right now I'm using 6.75 MB now and if I do added more photo I might won't able to add more or attach pic to posts.

4. Micah

Make your photos smaller >.>

5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kimi, you can link from photobucket, for example, so that you don't use the space.

However, I'd like the maximum size to be increased to 1280x1000...

6. davo-man

I also would like to see the storage limit increased, but i understand that you guys have to have to put some restrictions on it cos you actually have to store it somewhere, so maybe ill go back and smallen (so not a word but anyway) my photos to fit more...Perhaps people who have been here for longer/higher postcount could get a bigger gallery...dunno if that will create conflict if it becomes all about the postcount again, so maybe how long youve been here would be a better option

What i would REALLY like to see is on the fron page, a box that says who is in the chatroom at the moment. That way people dont have to waste time poking there heads in to find it empty. Also on the chatrooms, i think it would be cool to make it so that when there is a new msg, the little tab down the bottom of the page (like where the start button and other icons are) flash like in MSN...i can understand if you cant do that, but i just think it wouold be an improvement cos sometimes i have my comp on mute, so i have to keep checking back every 15 sec to see if someones said anything.

Thanks for your time, see ya later

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'll have a look at the storage limits later. It shouldn't be a problem to increase them and the image sizes. I'll probably make big increases for those with 500+ posts and smaler increases for those with 10+ posts.

That should be added as part of the new front page that Dave is working on.

For now, put this link http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/chatroom/info_embedded.php in your favourites. That's the bit of code that will be on the front page. :slight_smile:

I may see if I can include it on the forum pages somewhere too, but no promises.

I don't think that will be possible. It's just in a browser window/tab and can't do anything else on the system. It's probably easiest just to leave the sound on low.

8. davo-man

Awesome Thanks for that Paul

9. davo-man

Ok, Ive got an idea, but you guys might like it, you might hate it

In this other forum Ive visited, they have anual "Awards" for things like funniest member, most posts in a day etc, and I was wondering if people might wanna do it here? The only prob is that people might get offended or something if they dont win, but personally I think it would be a bit of fun. Categories could be like Best Avatar, Best Homepage, Best Advice Giver etc

Anyway, what are your thoughts on it?

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Personally, I don't think that's a good idea.

Some of the threads that cause problems are ones with popularity subjects, such as some post count discussions and "name your favourite two members" games. I don't think we want to be singling out people as being better for no specific reason. It will cause problems, and I don't think it will achieve anything useful.

Contests are different because we are judging a specific entry in the contest and not the person generally.

#150 Paul_UK, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  11. Tom

Tom Guest

paul i have 2 agree with u, were not here 2 be given awards on being funny or havin the best profile etc. and to do somet like tht cud cause unwanted tension if sum1 didnt win yet quite afew ppl fught they shud.

personally i think the site how it is is amazing but i wud like when changing ur profile usin advanced options u dont have 2 change ea option every time u want to change somet, gets anoyin, im not good with the code so i cant do it tht way but ill have a go with it tho and try tht way but yeh its stil anoyin after a while esp if its only 1 thing u have 2 change. thts not really somet tht cud be added but an improvement (didnt chek for a thread for improvements)

12. davo-man

Okey Doker, that's cool, just putting it out there...and i agree that this site is amazing how it is drazarian

13. SpikySpice

It'll be awesoem if we can have the music play on our profiles or on the main page or on any page on here :slight_smile:

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Oh no it wouldn't! I HATE sites that play music.

Plus there would be copyright issues unless you are planning on using music that was recorded over 50 years ago....

15. davo-man

I totally agree Paul, as soon as a site starts playing music, I search for the stop button...its gets in the way of my music that Im playing

16. davo-man

Hey Moderators...are you up to something sneaky? cos there seem to be numbers appearing underneath some people's user names...for instance, right now there is a :6: under Paul_UK...and there was a :9: under mine before...I was just wondering what's going on....then again it is 1:30 am here, so i may just be seeing things....if I am just ignore my ramblings...

Oh wait i see your sneaky plan now...the :6: has changed to "EC Admin"...interesting...awesome!

#156 davo-man, Oct 3, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  17. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, I was trying to set it to show the status of admins, forum mods, chatroom mods and competition winners under our names, separately from our titles. This means we can now edit our custom titles without losing our status indication. I changed mine to "Here to help" to prove this.

It took a bit of fiddling and testing to get it right, hence the numbers and other bits appearing and disappearing, fonts changing etc over the last hour or so. The numbers were the usergroups we are in, which is what I have used (with a bunch of IF statements) to display the status text.

I don't have a test version of the site currently, so have to play around with stuff like this on the live site.

18. SpikySpice

um, can we add a youtube botton on here, liek on ###, i mean thd one that put the utube link so thzt thd video can appear on here, becasue soemtiem peoplel have to click on the link instead, and have to open another tab or window

19. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I would just like to know if there is any possibility to activate the use of HTML code.
    'Cause when you check in the bottom of the page, the HTML code is off.
    Plus, it would be easier for people that have knowledge of HTML, plus the ability to posts videos in the threads.
    I understand if there's any kind of restriction to this.

20. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How about a 'Panic Button'?

It's like a link at the top of every page that you can click on whenever there's a risk that someone might see what you're doing/what site you're on or what you're writing. You could link it to Google or a news site or something.

I've seen it work on other sites and although I'm not sure if you'll think it's necessary, I'd hate for someone to be outed because their friend/sibling/parent decided to google 'Empty Closets' after seeing the logo. (of course the success of this depends on the members ability to click really fast)

Anyway, this is an example of a vBulletin forum that has one (and it's helped me out many times) - http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=169q0d2&s=2 (I screen capped it 'cause it's a rather private forum :icon_wink )