1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was the first song that you really liked?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SonicBoom, Mar 2, 2015.

1. SonicBoom

Link a youtube video.

Mines was Super Sonic by JJfad.

[YOUTUBE]XGBHHmm0PmU[/YOUTUBE]

2. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much anything high school musical. I was obsessed with those movies when I was a little kid.

3. TheDapperCorvid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Rockaway Beach by The Ramones, when I was about five years old. I would ask my mom to put the record on, and I'd sit there on the floor next to the turntable with my headphones on.

4. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm I don't really remember, but maybe it was "Upside Down" by the A*Teens. It actually came out like right after I was born, but I didn't find out about until I was like 8 or 9.

5. NotWhoYouThink

I can't link youtube videos, but I believe it was 'Under Pressure' by Queen. It was the first song I ever heard that wasn't children's music, and 12 years later, I still love it.

6. Quen

I was never really into music when I was little. But in middle school, my friend played "How To Save A Life" by The Fray, and I really liked it because I hadn't heard a song that was about something so meaningful before, as I'd only been exposed to pop songs on the radio and religious songs in church. And thus began my love for rock music with meaningful lyrics.

#6 Quen, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. MatthewJS

Darude - Sandstorm

ok, enough with that stupid thing. I honestly cant remember. possibly a song from a game soundtrack.

8. CyanChachki

[YOUTUBE]hmbEuRzlhIs[/YOUTUBE]

9. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  10. Tudi

11. riptide226

Hero by Enrique Iglasias

12. AAASAS

Haha pretty embarassing kinda but explains a lot. I love reggae, and ska, and trumpets.

First C.D I bought was No Doubt.

I don't think this song was on it, but I remember really liking this when I was younger

[youtube]6ZktNItwexo[/youtube]

I was obsessed with spiders as a kid so I was biased.

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I can't remember as far back into my childhood to remember specific songs I fancied at the time, but my mother used to play 80's new wave and rock (I specifically remember Depeche Mode and David Bowie) in the car when driving me to and from school/theatre practice. Which probably contributed to my love for music of that era today.

In my late preteen years, this was the song that got me avidly listening to music again:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jw5TmF789Vc

I had the hugest obsession over the vocalist too, haha. He was gorgeous back in the 90's.
    I consider SHAZNA the first band I fell in love with, and their music is special to me even now.
    They are what got me into 90's Visual Kei, which eventually led to me being interested in post-punk and the non-Japanese gothic scene as well.

And now here I am. The youngest trad-goth in this decade.

#13 NingyoBroken, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Great topic.

I haven't listened to, some, of these songs in quite a while, but they're a few of the songs I can remember, very early on, enjoying:

Peter, Paul, and Mary - "Puff the Magic Dragon"
    [YOUTUBE]80sMpIY6pBs[/YOUTUBE]

This song has a special place in my heart. It sounds sadly beautiful for one, but the debate as to what this song about, is another great aspect to it. Many claim it's about smoking marijuana, and some claim it is about having to grow up and leaving behind your childhood.

Ray Stevens - "Surfin' U.S.S.R."
    [YOUTUBE]E87aVjQ-UAo[/YOUTUBE]

My grandfather was a fan of Ray Stevens. I remember him watching an old Ray Stevens VHS, which had several of his videos, and this was one of them. This song is so damn catchy and goofy, it became a favorite of mine. I've been to know to sing the lines, "Come on honey, be my little commissar!" and "We don't want to start no nuclear fight, we just wanna have a beach party tonight~!".

Dazz Band - "Let It Whip"
    [YOUTUBE]6kj5GQ9RkI4[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure when I first heard this song, but the chorus is catchy. I had to be in 2nd or 3rd grade when I heard this. I always liked how it sounded.

Tag Team - "Whoomp! (There It Is)"
    [YOUTUBE]c8AyVhs3gJU[/YOUTUBE]

When this song came out, I was in early elementary school. I remember a lot of kids singing the hook. I always liked the sound.

Aerosmith & Run DMC - "Walk This Way"
    [YOUTUBE]Vfwkf6SydrU[/YOUTUBE]

Revolutionary. That's about all you can say. One of the first times that rock and rap came together. Before, you always had inspired bits and covers, but the two genres didn't really leave their respective areas of influence. That said, I always liked this song, and it was a special experience for me, since I grew up liking, both, rock and rap.

Def Leppard - "Love Bites"
    [YOUTUBE]lbkUNzGqVxk[/YOUTUBE]

My parents liked 60s, 70s, and 80s music. As a result, I grew up listening to a lot of that, and Def Leppard was one of the artists I was introduced to. Of all their songs, this one would have to be my favorite. It's also the one, aside from "Pour Some Sugar On Me", that I listened to the most.

Metallica - "Master of Puppets"
    [YOUTUBE]xnKhsTXoKCI[/YOUTUBE]

Unlike most folks who are introduced to Metallica via The Black Album's "Enter Sandman", this was the earliest song I can remember hearing and liking by them. While I'm sure any other song would have drawn me in, this was a fantastic introduction.

Green Day - "Words I Might Have Ate"
    [YOUTUBE]ahSSj2mYNG8[/YOUTUBE]

Most folks are surprised when you tell them, Green Day has been around for quite some time. Too many think they came onto the scene with American Idiot, maybe even Nimrod. Ironically, I started to not like them as much with the release of Warning, despite that album having some okay songs on it. Anyway, this song is catchy and a pleasure to listen to. In fact, the whole Kerplunk album is, which is why...

Green Day - "Android"
    [YOUTUBE]A4mmT8yas3g[/YOUTUBE]

Not much to say except, I liked this song at an early age. Looking back, the lyrics are interesting nowadays.

And of course, many children of the late 1980s and early 1990s remember this:

[YOUTUBE]TLb33K8UO30[/YOUTUBE]

Probably my first introduction to Rave-like music, LOL.

15. Acm

Acm Guest

The earliest songs I can remember liking are Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz and Mean Mr. Mustard by The Beatles.

16. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was around six or seven, I found a Journey CD while creeping around our garage. I popped it in our boombox and Wheel in the Sky instantly became my jam. I couldn't understand any of the words he was singing, but sang along with faux lyrics.

To this day, I swear that"Winter is here, again, oh Lord" sounds more like "Wemahsheea ageeyn ohlawn"

[YOUTUBE]Q6oCg2JClA4[/YOUTUBE]

#16 Batman, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  17. tulipinacup

I would say hymnal songs but that wouldn't be fun now would it? I'll have to say Neil Sedaka's "Laughter in the Rain", lol.

The first CD (which is pirated) I ever bought was an Avril Lavigne CD and my god that was embarrassing because I always thought she was pretty bad ass.

18. Etak

Bad Day- Daniel Powter. I have a much better taste in music now, but when I first heard it, it felt like my life put into a song.

19. MisterTinkles

What do you mean by that?

The first song I ever heard when I was little?
    The first song I ever heard that I liked a lot?
    The first song that turned me onto a type of music???

???????

20. guitar

Another one bites the dust - Queen