1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Do..?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MoonKid, Apr 3, 2021.

1. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have told my close friends about ne beung queer years ago, we are all somewhat part of the LGBTQ+ commun so it's so supportive and just normal, but I have one friend who is uncertain of their sexual orientation.

The problem is a while ago I crazily enough gathered the courage to admit feelings for them. It was amazing because at the time they also said to have mutual feelings, but long story short nothing really happened from there.

A while later another friend admit there feelings for me, which I was blown away by, but I was unsure of my feelings toward them, and at this time the first person began to talk to me more and explaining how they still like me and such.

I'm now in the present and I have one person who I know likes me, and another confused of their sexuality yet really likes me. The confused person is also really hard to talk to which only makes it harder for me to understand their true feelings.

In my head it feels as if I am almost decieving the two people and it is hurting me if I am being honest. It almost feels like a choice i have to make and it's so hard for me to cope with. I'm not helping the situation as I am completely ignoring it, I badly need advice.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not understand why you think you are being deceptive. From what you have said you have been open and honest with both of them about your feelings towards them and you have been open about the uncertainty of your orientation. Thus you are deceiving no one.

What choice is it that is worrying you?

Choosing whether or not to explore your feelings with them? It seems that choosing to do so would be good for you and for them. All you have to do is talk to them and see where things go. Since one of them is difficult to talk to it seems that things with that person is unlikely to develop. A relationship needs communication so an uncommunicative person is a poor choice to try with.

Choosing which person? I do not think at this stage even if you were only into monogamy that you would have to choose. When casually dating it is fine to date more than one person. Only after getting close and establishing a relationship would it need to be exclusive (and even then monogamy is not the only choice). Also at 16 you really should be exploring rather than making solid commitments.

DecentOne likes this.