1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bludzee, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It’s been few day that I sleep very badly because I’m too stressed about my sexuality and coming out. I also cry a lot the morning. A friend advices me to come out to my mother so she can help me. I don’t feel ready because I haven’t completely accept myself. But I need to find a solution to calm down and sleep again.
    Anyone can help please ?

2. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So from a 1/10 scale how much would you rate your mom acceptance of lgbtq+ people, do you think it’s safe if it’s not, do you have anyone to turn if she doesn’t accept you these are the stuff you need to think about.

I would love to help if you could give us move information.

3. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think she has a hight rate of acceptance, maybe 9, I think it would be sale to come out to her. I don’t really know what scares me to be honest
    If she doesn’t accept me, maybe my dad could help but I think he’s less accepting of lgbtq+ (maybe a 7/10).

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have anyone else you could turn to for help? Like maybe a school psychologist for example? Do you have any lgbtqia+ clubs or groups at school who could listen you and help you out or lgbtqia+ centers in your city? You could try and google it.

It's all stressful and overwhelming. I fully understand. Maybe keeping a diary or a journal would help you to organize your thoughts. It's also good to have a plan before you come out, like who you can turn to and have support from, if your parents aren't supportive. You could try and write a letter addressed to your parents, but you don't have to hand it to them right away. This also just helps with organizing your thoughts.

5. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I live in a rural village, it’s small and there’s no lgbtq+ center. There’s one in the closest city (it’s at 20 minutes in car from my village but it’s in the city where my school is). I can try to go in the center but it’s going to be complicated…

6. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you can find the centre's homepage by googling, then there could be an email, where you could write to, without needing to go in. They are most knowledgeable about all the opportunities and places where you could turn to. When I first realized stuff about myself, then I contacted to the lgbtqia+ center this way, since the one closest to me is 2 hour bus drive in another city and they recommended me stuff and there could be extra information on the homepage too, like information about support groups.