1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I am Cy, Jan 26, 2021.

1. I am Cy

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have tried to no end to push away these thoughts for the past sixish years. They have resulted in me being confused and afraid. I never once embrased them. Looking in the mirror saying over and over I am a girl or I'm not a boy. Then two days ago I saw myself in a reflection. Looking all girly (on purpose). I almost cringed at it and the my mind spoke to me. It's okay, it said, you're still a boy. Wtf? Anyways I don't think these feelings are not going away and this is the first time im nicely thinking to myself about the possibiblity and even talking about it to my partner. I think I'm a boy....what now?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations. :grinning: Now? Go ahead and embrace it. If you have people in your life who you think that it would be safe to tell go ahead and try them. It feels incredible to be accepted by people for who you really are. Experiment with presentation and if you really want to do it go ahead and look for a gender therapist who can help you transition if you really want to do so.

3. I am Cy

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's an odd feeling. I thought if I stopped fighting it the world would like end...but nothing bad is happening yet. It's like a sense of clarity.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, congrats on accepting yourself :slight_smile: That can be one of the most scary parts, because you are admitting something that you have been trying to suppress. What's next depends on what you want to do. There is not really a template for what to do when you accept yourself as trans, because each person is different. I second @QuietPeace has suggested. Getting a therapist can help you figure out your next steps as well. I would also suggest seeing if there are any resources in your area. They may be able to hook you up with some trans friendly health providers and they may even have some support groups that you could attend to network with others if you feel ready to do so.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am Cy.....Everything that @QuietPeace and @BradThePug have said are so very true! I'd like to add that there are some very good, informative and encouraging videos on youtube by folks who are transgendered. Just go to youtube and search for FtM. They can be a real encouragement!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: