1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Movie Made You Realize You Were Gay?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by alainbeaux, May 1, 2017.

1. Iliricon

Two movies which are very much liked to me coming out (not really realizing it though) are "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Perks of being a wallflower". Especially the second one has a deep significance for me as I watched it the night I started truly coming out to myself, alone and incredibly afraid.

2. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was a kid when I saw the Scott Pilgrim movie, and I remember being excited that there were gay characters (before I even knew anything ab sexuality) even though my family wasn't too thrilled about it! I eventually found the books at Barnes & Nobles, which focused even more on the LGBT aspect

3. 6qurious9

I'd say it was Charmed from my earliest of memories. I liked all the characters but liked Paige and Phoebe a bit more. There was one episode with a sexual tone to it and Phoebe looked "pleasured " so to speak. I found that quite hot.

4. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vampires in general, really. I also remember watching Interview with a Vampire, inspired by the novel by Anne Rice by the same name. There was a subtle homo-eroticism between the two main characters and their 'adopted' daughter together. I still have a thing for that archetype.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wasn't a movie or TV show for me, it was a video game. Got crazy attracted to one of the characters. Then there was this website where you could sign to "marry the characters" (lol teenage years), and I did it for the character....got very confused.

6. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Was more general for me, I think. Meaning, just over time, I noticed I would only be attracted to female characters, female singers, etc. Those things alone, I know, don't necessarily mean gay, but that, along with many other indicators, over time made me realize. I wish I had a more definite answer, but it was a more general, gradual realization.

7. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen Interview With A Vampire several times. Mainly because Brad Pitt was in it (stares off dreamy eyed), and Christian Slater too so that was just bonus.

8. Braydon

For me probably Race To Witch Mountain with Alexander Ludwig, I love the movie, and even now, Alexander was and is attractive

9. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Well there was a film call in/out and at the end the teachers say's he is gay , then each student in the assembly hall stands up and says their gay one by one and then i wanted to say it but was watching it with loads of people. But then i panicked and go tthe hell out of there.

10. EmilyB

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Little mermaid, realized while watching it that I was in a similar mode. Wanting to change to fit a new world as a new person. Wishing my family would accept it, that and Interview with the vampire, that movie opened a whole can of worms in my head

11. kscurious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the movie was called North Sea Texas and when the two boys had sex, I was so attracted to it and wanted to join them lol. I was 23 at the time. But the first time I KNEW i was gay was back in high school. This boy on the track team was so hot and I would follow him around taking covert photos of him with my nokia lol. He caught me one day in the locker room lol.

12. condorqueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay ya'll:

Batman Returns. I would watch the movie on like, repeat, because I liked to stare at Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. I was, I think, 10.

13. Lost4

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't remember the name of it, but I was 11, it was a French film, it was late at night at my grandma's house. It was about a bisexual guy who fell for his best friend, it was the first time I saw gay sex on tv and couldn't understand why I had such a huge erection while watching it. The best part was every time after I visited my grandma I would stay up late hoping for a re-run of that movie, and one night I got lucky and did get to watch it again.

14. Paige3002165

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still questioning and may or may not be straight, but one of the moments that helped launch my questioning was when I got to the end of watching Notting Hill and I suddenly realized that I'd spent half the film staring at Julia Robert's lips :grin:

#34 Paige3002165, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  15. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    lol, same
    I didn't like that show as a kid but my mom and sister did. I remember I was walking through the living room, and Paige caught my eye. Suddenly I was drawn into that show like crazy and couldn't stop staring at Paige and Phoebe while my sister was off ranting about how hot Leo was

16. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I donĀ“t remember any movie in particular. Every movie with a fit shirtless male turned me on.

However all the shirtless guys on Days of Our Lives were too much for me. Never seen so many hot guys on tv in one show before.

#36 KyleD, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  17. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The same thing happened with me, only with the male characters lol.

18. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not gay, but when I thought I only liked women it was High School Musical, when I was 8. Vanessa Hudgens has the same first name as my middle name, so I associated with her that way and like that.

19. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The movie So Close which was about 3 lead female characters. There were 2 sisters, the eldest was an assasin and her younger sister being the "eye" or her look out. The 3rd character was a cop trying to catch the sisters. I was so fascinated watching it, and froze when the cop kissed the younger one played by zhao wei. From then on, i realized i like watching shows/movies with strong female characters

20. Cats2615

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My very first childhood 'crush' was Mary Jane from the Spiderman movies haha. I had them all on DVD and I watched them all the time just so I could see her. I didn't realize why I loved her so much until I got older. I don't know why she was the one out of all the female movie characters that caught my attention, but I was practically in love.