1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Made you Realize your Sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlueBanana, Sep 22, 2016.

1. BlueBanana

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What made you realize your sexual orientation? Was it a crush? Or was it your sexual attraction towards whomever? For me, it was my sexual attraction to guys and being disgusted by females sexually.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I had crushes on mostly women, but I managed to ignore them and dismiss them as some weird fluke.

I realized I REALLY liked women when I fell in love with my best female friend. Yeah. This was no puppy dog crush I could ignore or dismiss. I had to accept it at that point LoL

#2 myheartincheck, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It should have been the fact that I always had crushes on boys, checked them out all the time, and never having an attraction towards a girl. But even through all that I somehow thought I was straight. It wasn't until my sophomore year of college when I was sitting in an ethnic, gender, and equity class and we had a short unit on sexuality. Something during that discussion just made it click and made me realize that I am gay. I'm not sure if it made me realize, as I've always known deep down, but I had always truly believed I was straight before that moment. I haven't really decided if that's the moment I "realized" or the moment I "accepted" my sexuality. Probably both.

4. wolflover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Still haven't figured it out, but what made me begin to question was how I thought that Lesbian couples were the cutest couples, and that I knew I wanted to be in one. After that, I began to realize other indicating factors that I might be gay (or at least bi).

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People - both whom I met and celebrities. But I didn't give it much thought until about a year ago.

6. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dating a girl. I kinda knew beforehand but just couldn't accept it. Then dated a girl and it made me accept that my interest in guys wasn't just phase or whatever. I feel a bit shitty about it but I realise now that without probably wouldn't have accepted myself as gay.

7. CoderK

I always had crushes on guys, but I told myself that I just wanted to be their friend. 8th Grade rolls around and I start having sexual thoughts about him. I questioned for a while, then eventually figured it out.

8. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I liked two girls a lot during middle to high school, so that helped me realise that I'm attracted to girls. A few really strong celebrity crushes helped with that as well.

I thought I was mainly only into girls until I went to college and developed pretty strong feelings for this guy that were pretty similar to the feelings I had for the two girls, so that made me realise I'm into guys as well.

Right now I'm fairly confident that I'm bisexual/pansexual (honestly either label is fine but I tend to prefer bisexual). After so many years I'm finally more confident about my sexuality, which is great.

9. lovetoomuch

Well there were signs early. I distinctly remember staring at a guy's underwear when I was in first grade; it's weird to me I even remember that honestly. I had my first crush on a guy when I was in sixth grade, but I didn't really think of it as a "crush."

In high school, I kind of told myself I must "at least" be bisexual, but I tried not to think about it much. However, in college, after falling for a guy hard and then telling him my feelings, I came to my senses; he said he was straight and rejected me very nicely, but after liking him for so long and then getting over him, I started to realize I only like guys in a sexual way. A little over a year ago, I came to the conclusion that I was completely gay and that started the coming out process.

10. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found myself having a romantic crush on a male friend when I was 12. For me, sexual attraction for men didn't come until after girls. I repressed my young homosexuality for a very long time, and essentially forced myself to enjoy being with women. This developed rather oddly into being more interested in kinks and fetishes rather than traditional sex. So, now that I've finally accepted everything and have been in a long-term relationship with a woman, it's difficult for me to determine whether I'm actually gay and used kink/fetishes as a substitute for homosexuality. I mean, all the times I've had sex with women, maybe it's been more about the kink and connection rather than her body. But I'm sometimes more turned on by thoughts of women than men. So perhaps I'm actually gay and have scrambled my brain into believing I like women. Or perhaps I am 50/50 bisexual. Or perhaps I am a heterosexual but homoromantic man. I'm very confuzzled about how I feel and it's always changing. It's been tough.

11. L0ser

I had small crushes on guys and girls, but blew off the guy ones as mistakes or random. Then I got really close to this one guy, and enjoyed being with him and stayed up late talking and stuff with him. One day I realized that my feelings were kind of, strange, and I wanted to kiss him and hold hands and all that junk.

So, a few weeks afterward I fell in love. Unfortunately he now lives a few states over, and I haven't seen him in over a year. Never got the chance to tell him how I felt.

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because I couldn't stop thinking about girls 24/7 and there was just no other conclusion to come to. :lol:

13. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After fooling around with a male friend at a very young age, I always felt "off". Had my first crush on a guy at 16 when I fell for my best friend. At 19 I went ga-ga over this one male celebrity, so much so that I still find him completely gorgeous. Thru all that tho I never really acted on it, and ended up in hetero relationships. Even now I think I'm still trying to determine if it is all "real".......but those few things really seem to be clear indicators. And looking back one day I realized this also explains my absolute obsession with Christian Slater as a pre-teen. I never thought much of it at the time tho.

14. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    christian slater omfg

15. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its amazing what deep denial can do. It's hard to put in words how I denied I was gay. But I did, and I buried it really deep. I would never look at men in public and I found women beautiful so if I occasionally masturbated about being with a guy I thought it was just some little fantasy.
    But the feelings started growing recently but still I thought it was just some fetish or fantasy.

But what really got me was coming here and posting and saying that I thought I was gay.. even just admitting that online, anonymously I all the sudden felt incredibly happy.
    Someone suggested to just go to the mirror and say "I am gay" it sounds weird but I was so overwhelmed with emotion when I said it nearly collapsed.... then a tsunami of emotion came over me - so much I got scared and went back into denial but I part of me knew that there was no turning back. No excuse could compete with accepting myself and realizing it's the only way I will ever be intimate with someone.

16. BrooklynChaserx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started suspecting about my sexuality in eight grade, but I went into straight denial. Somewhere in the middle of my freshmen year a senior started flirting with me. He was my perfect guy, tall, athletic, blonde, green eyes, and his curls, omg his curls. He was so handsome and I could not believe he was flirting with me. I was very insecure at the moment and I simply couldn't believe how a guy so handsome was flirting with me, with me out of all the cute gay guys out there. We suddenly started talking and ended up in deep conversation. One thing led to another and he ended up giving me a hickey on the bathroom stall (no kiss lol, still waiting for my first kiss). I suddenly started to fell in love with him but we stopped talking and I just kind off forgot about him. But he made me realize that I clearly wasn't straight at all. Then last year when I was a sophomore I fell in love with a straight guy, yep a straight guy. I am still in love with him but I slowly starting to get over him. My love life is as lonely as Oprah's uterus right now hahaha. :slight_smile:

17. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Trick question as I still don't understand my sexuality. lol

18. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me, it was never being sexually attracted to girls. Also, I had so many crushes on guys in tv shows. XD

19. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i never cared about guys and i always wondered why all the girls i know were going so crazy about them and had relationships and all that.. the society i live in didn't even allow me to think that i might like girls so..it took me soooo long to realise.. and it happenned so suddenly i was in bed thinking why i have no interest in any guy..and i just said "what if i'm lesbian?? am i??" and as i was thinking it the more right it felt during days and months.. for some of us is hard to realise who we are.. but i'm glad i finally did :grin:

20. BookWriter1994

Hmm, I honestly have no idea... The only experience that I had with a girl was at age 10 when she placed my hand down her pants.. I don't really remember if I like it or not.. And then there was a time when I had a childhood friend and I think I wanted to kiss her??

In middle school/high school I did in fact had crushes on guys. But I honestly didn't think anything sexual about them? Like, I didn't even cared that I was a virgin and I didn't really think about that stuff back then.. I didn't even know what a virgin was!( I know right?)

In high school, I was talking to a guy crush that I had. We lived around the corner from each other but he had a girlfriend at the time so all we did was held hands on the bus all the time. I remember after we both graduated and he was going off to do the Army thing that I was about to kiss him but I didn't?? To me, it would've felt weird because we were not together but he told me that he would've let me??

I started questioning back in 2014 and I went back and forth to all sorts of labels and I honestly decided that I was bisexual and all of a sudden, I started to notice girls a lot more recently and I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with one or having sex with one either.

#20 BookWriter1994, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016