1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LonestarConnie, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hairline has been changing more as well, but that might be due to using minoxidil more often.

2. SockPuppet

I wrote a letter in google docs, and have started a goal of telling at least 1 person I care about a week, starting this morning with my friend Cathy.

Also, I told my dad and stepmom what I've decided on for my name change.

All in all, good start to the day.

3. MN Writer

my hair is growing quickly (trying to grow it out so I can start presenting as female) and I hit almost all green lights on my way to work. =)

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My therapist called me earlier for us to go over an evaluation I had two weeks ago. Some of it is fuzzy because I was so hyped up.

1. I guess the standards of care changed and she wasn't aware of that. So I don't know how much that second evaluation was needed. To off-set that, she's offering to let me have free sessions to help me recover from the huge blow that surprised us both. (I plan on thanking her with coffee and donuts when I go back--hopefully to get the DL-32 form done)

2. She got in touch with the Mazzoni Center, who has her as a reference now for any trans people that are up here.

3. Since I have no insurance, they said visits will only cost $25. Since I'm from out of town; like 2.5 hours out of town, they're going to help me get much of what I can done the first time around. That's not exactly how it was phrased, but this means bloodwork will be one of the things done on my first visit. In my head, that means T is very close; possibly within the second visit.

4. Mazzoni is partnering or working with Walgreens, and according to the person she spoke with; for 3-4 months, T should only run me $75. My medical assistance (according to the website) says T is covered. GoodRX has coupons for T. So what I need could cost me almost nothing at all.

5. Also, visits and trips down will be far and spaced apart with time with how far away I am. Once ever six months or so, then once a year.

6. Unrelated to this, but if I go to another session (I'll call tomorrow to ask for available days), I'll inquire about getting a copy of the DL-32 form, so when I get my name changed, I can bring that to the DMV to get my gender marker changed as well.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I actually sort of passed the other day, some guy called me sir. He was trying to get past me in a crowded area so he just said "excuse me sir" so maybe he just didn't get a close look, but it felt good anyways. I've never actually been called sir before

6. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I looked at myself in the mirror and felt attractive, for the first time in forever :icon_wink My mom even commented on my mustache today!