1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Made You First Realize You Were Gay(LGBT)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Custard, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still not 100% sure if I could be considered gay or not. I remember having crushes on girls when I was a kid.
    When I was seven years old I met a married lesbian couple. I thought it was super cool that two women could get married. I kind of wanted to do the same thing when I was older because I didn't want to marry a guy.
    I didn't learn about the word gay until I was nine. I heard a lot of kids using it as an insult. I didn't know what the word actually meant until I was ten. I didn't consider myself gay back then because no one had called me gay.
    I started questioning if I was gay when I was twelve. I noticed that all the other girls were liking guys more when I was starting to like girls more. I was terrified.
    I came out as gay when I was fourteen, but no one believed me because I'm feminine. They thought I was just going through a phase. All their doubt made me doubt myself a lot.
    I still don't know whether I like guys or not. It feels odd calling myself gay or lesbian, but I feel like a liar when I call myself bisexual.

2. During 7th grade when I started to change in the locker rooms.

3. Saint Otaku

I noticed this boy's back in 5th grade, and how I liked its masculinity. Also, when my family watched WWE when I was little, my reasons for watching it were far from pure ^_^

4. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    3rd Grade. There's this weird feeling when i'm hugging a guy when we're playing 'London Bridge is Falling Down'. One time in a badminton match in 5th grade (I was a reserve player), my cute guy teammate threw me his towel and told me to put it inside his bag since his match is about to start. When I went to our classroom, I smelled his towel and it instantly gave me a hard on. That's what made me realize I was gay but accepting it took many years.

5. All41

My uncomfortableness around other boys and my flamboyance

6. Tic Code

When I was in 8th grade I developed some crushes on two o my junior high teachers (especially the younger, dreamy looking one), and then I started to have a major crush on my best friend at the time (he's kind of an asshole now though). I tried to deny it for a long time. Then I started having frequent, well, intense fantasies about him and those teachers. Going into high school I kept having more similar fantasies of other guys around me, but even though I was fully aware I was indulging in them, I still denied them and pushed them to the back of my mind, telling myself it didn't make me gay (which of course is a total lie). Once I admitted to myself that those fantasies and feelings did mean something, I realized as much as I didn't want to be at the time, I was gay.

7. Praetor

I pretty much just admitted to all my guy friends that I liked some girls in our school when I was like 11 (though I had feelings before that age). Something along the lines of "hey, X is hot"... From there many discussions ensued lol

As for liking guys, that was something that took a lot longer. I think I sort of just ignored those feelings for a while, but taking a retrospective look I now realize I likely had feelings for one of my best guy friends in my middle school. As a kid I was always sort of curious and I liked to hang out with both girls and guys. The idea of sleeping in bed with either sex was an appealing notion I guess as early as 5... of course it was not a sexual way, but still probably connected nonetheless. Changing in public locker rooms always felt uncomfortable and I could never really pinpoint why - now I know why lol.

High school sucked and was extremely awkward for many reasons. So really I didn't even consider sexuality a lot. In the very early years (my high school sort of combined junior high and high school), I used to have sleepovers with one of my best guy friends. I just basically tried to ignore those feelings that were there - something I couldn't really translate or describe to myself, something I didn't understand. When we stopped having sleepovers it upset me and I could never really explain to myself why it did. I pretty much just came out to myself as bicurious after high school was done. After a summer of contemplation, I just stopped trying to pretend and knew it wasn't a phase, I knew I was bisexual. Then I entered into university, and the rest is history.

8. LinkLarkin

There's always been something there, honestly since I was a little kid. What made me begin to question (bizarrely, 4 years of fantasising about men wasn't enough to do it...) was on a band trip when I was sharing a room with a guy and semi-accidentally saw a little more than I was meant to see, and for some reason that moment it just clicked in my head that I might be gay. I don't know why it happened like that... but I remember it so clearly. But from that questioning stage onwards, it was a gradual process. I don't think I really had a lightbulb moment in which I acknowledged I was definitely 100% gay.

9. jeff_1010

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I first realized I was bi when me and my straight friend were wrestling and I had to grab his but it just looked so perfect and still does.but at the same time I have crushes on both genders

#109 jeff_1010, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  10. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Im still struggling to accept but thinking back, I remember always looking forward to getting changed for sports and looking at all the guys. This started when I was around 10 I think.

11. Mandy

I think it was on a clothing optional beach, once when a man approached me (at the time I identified as a male, but anyway I did not even go there to look for someone, and for some reason I allowed him to walk with me! He was first with his suit on then when he removed it I saw he was shaved down there, and I was not, but it was attractive to me, but not like you would think.

I talked quite a bit with him and he left later on, but never got a contact info from him. However, I thought about the moment so much afterward, and even shaved my vagina afterward as he made me excited to do it! After that I have kept it clean down there since, as most people are doing it now anyway.

Of course a lot of other things have changed with me since as well. I am a woman who never had her surgery nor want one and am content with my body the way it is, but still am woman! I now have no interest in any gender and that is another story that I hope to share with some later!

12. Englishlad

When I was 14 and I started to like this boy in my class at school.

13. lukeluvznicki13

Well when I was 13, this guy passed me and I felt an attraction to him and I thought he was "cute". But I kept ignoring it and I tried to think of other things whenever I saw him. But I kept getting signs and realising that I do have attractions for guys, even more so then I do for girls.
    So now, I am 15 and I accepted that I am bi.

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I think it was my lack of interest in girls that stood out to me. When all my other friends were already starting to talk about them a lot and there was just nothing different for me thats what made me realize. Though I had probably already started noticing boys by then, and even dreaming about them it only started to make sense after I understood I wasn't into girls that I was gay.

15. wickerpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is going to sound weird. But when I was four or five, I'd stay at my grandparents' house before and after school. I used to watch this cartoon. I forgot a lot about it. I only just remembered this recently. In the cartoon, there was a boy who had lots of non-human friends like animals, robots, tools, etc. One of them was a robot man who I think could count as the first memory of any kind of same-sex attraction. I just found him so handsome, and brave, and strong. He had kind of a deep voice and every time he came on the screen I would get so excited and I think sometimes I got chills on my back at how much I admired him. But deep down I also felt strange about it, like maybe no one else feels the way that I do. I tried not to let anyone know I had a crush on the robot man. That's crazy, isn't it? I have tons of memories like that. Of course all of my feelings after that were for actual humans lol

16. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in grade 5, about 9 years old. My female friends would talk about "cute" guys and I didn't understand, what was so attractive about them? I was always more drawn to girls.
    I was 13 the first time I told someone I thought I was a lesbian and I was made fun of so I sort of kept it to myself other than people I have dated... I have been with men but they knew how I felt about women. I am attracted to both but definitely more attracted to women, I have had crappy luck with them though. Lol :icon_redf

17. hello1992

this thread does tend to pop up every few weeks and i always find it interestign what people say...

I realised when i was about 13. There was this one boy in my class who was a bit of a chav (jock). For a 13 year old he was actually really built. He did take care of his appearance. The first time i actually realised i was attracted to him (and anyone) was during PE. For some reason he decided to wear really tight lycra running shorts and it gave him the male equivalent of a camel toe. I couldn't stop staring, and thats when i realised i was officially gay. After that dya i slowly realised he was HOT. It saddens me to know that he is no longer as attractive as he could have been...

To be honest it came as of no surprise. I could never imagine myself getting intimate with a female. I did have gay signs when i was young (music choice, had friends who were girls, liked playing house, wore my mums earrings and high heels once or twice to play with ...the list goes on...).

18. hello1992

...now i think about it i remember having a crush on my football coach in primary school. Well not a crush but i remember thinking he was beautiful, and i liked looking at him...

19. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I knew I was gay when I had my friend for a sleep over and we stared messing around and I liked it and the fact I used to run around my middle school saying I had 3 boyfriends

20. So lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I realized I was bisexual when i had a crush on one of the girls in my class who is now my girl friend then after that i that i looked back on my life and noticed i've had a lot of crushes on girls in my past i just never noticed it before then.