1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it about you gender/sexuality that makes you happy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnotherQueer, May 15, 2016.

1. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No pregnancy, inbalanced sexism/gender roles, get to be part of a community which opened my mind in many different ways.

2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gender- Hmm...that's a hard one. I dislike some of the expectations that are held of me because I'm a girl. "You can't dress like a slob forever you know- you'll have to wear smart dresses for jobs and interviews at some point, after all- in some companies it's their policy" and "Why don't you wear make-up? Are you trying to make a point or something? Don't you think it makes you seem cocky?" and "She doesn't even count as a girl". :dry: Yeah, whatever.

It seems like one thing after the other recently, it's really annoying. I'm not even sure who I am anymore.

However, there are a few things that I like about being a girl/woman. I like my singing voice, and although some guys can do some pretty good falsettos, I don't think it would be the same if I was a guy. Plus, I like my body. I like having a feminine body. Plus, if I'm in a feminine mood I can act that way and people judge me less for doing so then say if I were a guy and were doing these things. I think if I were a guy, I'd feel insecure about my masculinity because I had a dream once where I was a guy and I felt really insecure about all the feminine things I've done. It was an odd dream.

Although some people have told me that I sometimes act like a feminine man, I just don't see myself as male. Sure, I've questioned my gender slightly in the past before but that didn't last very long. However, it might be interesting to see what it'd be like to be in drag. Is that odd of me? I don't think people would expect that of me, considering my long blonde hair and in general my feminine appearance- but it'd be interesting to do something like that for a day just out of curiosity. I go through phases- some days I feel really feminine, other days I feel slightly more masculine, but I always see myself as a woman and I enjoy being addressed as such. I don't know why, but I love being called ma'am. It just makes me feel so posh. :grin:

Sexuality- Well, I've been questioning that lately. I'm either gay or have a really strong preference for women. I know in the past my orientation has given me more grief than happiness, and I spent some time trying to "turn" myself straight for a while. Of course, that didn't work. But now that I'm questioning again, it's really messed me up. Is there a small amount of attraction to the opposite sex in me after all? I'm not entirely sure. I'm either really picky about guys or just plain gay. I wish it wasn't so damn confusing right now. All I know is that I'm definitely not straight, that's for sure. :icon_wink

I like that it's given me a sense of community, a lot of the time (as cliche' as it is) I am often left feeling like the odd one out, although it hasn't been too bad lately.

I can't really imagine what it must be like to be straight and not attracted to women at all. That just seems bizarre to me. So yeah, I like the sense of community it brings and the fact that if I was straight I probably wouldn't care about LGBT issues knowing me, and I would never have got the chance to learn about different terms and such.

I like how I can tell secret in-jokes and references with my friend who's gay that my friends who are straight either wouldn't get or wouldn't find funny. I like how I get to find women attractive, but I guess if I was truly straight then this wouldn't matter... but I'm not so I get to enjoy that aspect.

I enjoy the fact that now I'm in a more accepting place I don't have to worry about my mannerisms too much. I can just relax a little.

It just feels natural to me, and these days I can't imagine what life would be like without being LGBT. Although of course, there are plenty other things about me too. :slight_smile:

#62 Canterpiece, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Gender will never be an obstacle for me in love :slight_smile: And I get to be part of such a loving and diverse community

4. Wolfwing

The thing I like most about my sexuality is the fact that I'm not normal and I feel like it makes me more interesting. Also, I like being a part of this community.

5. idontknow12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not stuck to just guys. I can like anyone, and it helps me appreciate girls more (I mean, come on, girls look great). I also like being part of the LGBT+ community, and since I've only come out to one person, it makes me feel like a spy undercover. xD

6. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the fact that I'm attracted to both genders, too.

(Although I do prefer guys a little more than girls. :slight_smile: )

#66 peterw78165, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  7. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nothing, it's caused me nothing but pain