1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it about you gender/sexuality that makes you happy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnotherQueer, May 15, 2016.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yassss

2. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess it made me more self aware? I think sometimes people can say hurtful things about LGBT without actually realising that they hurtful to us, so I'm more aware of what not to say (like when people use gay as an insult, and they don't understand the effect).
    Also, have you seen how attractive girls are? :wink:

3. PrettyinPunk

My gender is awesome. As for my sexuality I think it's cool. Not to say other orientations are less in any way, but I feel there's something uniquely beautiful about being able to appreciate people of all genders.

Its a small aspect but I also like that I don't have to change pronouns when I'm singing a love song.:icon_bigg

4. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My sexuality makes me so happy - I feel limitless when I imagine my future; I can imagine myself ending up with a man, a woman, or a nonbinary person. In any of those scenarios, I know I would be happy. Also - as a feminist woman, I think women are freaking awesome. I mean, I think men and nonbinary people are awesome too. But I love women. We are so damn powerful, we are in this together, and we run this motha ^.^

I also love this community in general. LGBTQ+ people are the most accepting and loving people I have met!

That is definitely also a plus :slight_smile:

#44 mmmelody, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  5. plant

1. When I'm around girls, I feel less pressured to act a certain way. I don't know how to explain it, but I don't feel so anxious or that I have to carefully plan what I want to say for the fear of annoying someone.

2. Girls are incredibly sexy, and what's cool is that all girl's are attractive in their own way.

3. I feel like women are more willing to open up and be emotional, however this may be due to societal pressure and gender stereotypes, which are not good things. I am more willing to be emotional around a woman because I know that they won't percieve me as weak and they are able to empathize.

6. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Still on the fence about my sexuality. But some of the perks of being a dude are pretty solid. Like:

Just being able to pull to the side of the road and take a leak.

I have excellent bone density and muscle mass. I look like a pale ogre, so people usually leave me alone.

I don't get lied to at auto shops and dealerships

7. Rodessenth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My ability to accept myself and stop going through self denials.

8. AmyBee

Whenever I think of myself as a girl with another girl sexually, it just feels really good and makes me happy. Whenever I really feel that with another girl, that's even better. A lot of times when I'm presenting as female, I really just enjoy the feeling of being whole and having the real me present. I like falling in love and feeling it as a woman. I don't know how that's really different from how a guy would feel it, but I think my wants and needs are different and when they're met, I feel complete, too. When someone genders me correctly, that is the highest feeling! Even if it's just casually. Maybe especially when it's just casually, like when my friend calls me "sis" or "sister."

Also, I've met some really amazing people through interacting in forums like this and even in places where I'm open about who I am without being completely out. Like in a certain online place where my feed is super queer and I can express it without people crapping on me or panicking like "Oh my gosh, what have we done?" I'm not a sign of someone's failure. I HOPE I'm a sign of someone's success! I also feel pretty strong as a person knowing what I've managed to survive.

Ultimately, I think it's made me more open-minded and understanding of other people, perhaps more capable of empathy. That feels great! I love listening to other people's stories and concerns and feeling the same or something very similar. I LOVE caring about others. I don't think I would feel any of that as strongly if I were otherwise.

9. emowithatwist

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am bi, so I like the convenience of being bi.
    1. I can date straight males, or lesbian females. Or other bi peeps!
    2. I basically have the ability to love more, gender doesn't get in the way.
    I really like my sexuality. (!)

10. CoderK

1. This community is the most accepting community on the face of the earth.
    2. Hot Guys
    3. Hot Girls
    4. Cute Girls
    5. Cute Guys
    6. Boobs
    7. Dick
    8. I can talk to guys about girls
    9. I can talk to girls about guys
    10. I can stare at guys and they will think I am just staring into space

11. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is also definitely an advantage :slight_smile:

12. whaleking27

I don't think that my -sexuality- makes me happy because it's not that big of a deal. the thing that makes me happy is this loving community, pride, love, justice and most importantly (for me at least) standing up for the things that I believe in...

13. ThatsSoJeank

Out Status:
    A few people
    As someone exploring my gender disillusionment, I enjoy that I feel as though I have the freedom to be a wholly unique individual from the normative standards placed on someone of my current appearance (tall, hairy, big guy) and explore how much I really wish to be a trans woman and stepping to achieve that and discovering all these things that I like along the way.

As for my sexuality, it has shown me that loving someone unconditionally can also include what they come with. If I fell for a man, I would be perfectly fine with it, same with a woman, a trans woman, agender, etc. I just happened to fall for an asexual girl and I just fell in love with everything about her because I saw past the usual "oh man she got big tits and a thick ass, imma hit that" mentality and saw the part of people that matters to me. (Cheesy as it may sound).

14. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With me personally, I have become very comfortable in my own skin especially with family members who still have issues with my sexuality after all of this time. Initially, it used to really bother me when I was abandoned by my family because of my sexual orientation but after years goes by of this treatment and being around individuals who accepts you and look beyond your sexuality and like the individual you are made it helpful for me to embrace me as a person and not worry about what they think or if they will ever come around to accepting me. Therefore, at the end of the day, I come to accept that I am what I am with no excuses!!!!!!

15. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love being a guy, it comes with many...benefits. I also love being gay, so I can share these "benefits" with another guy.

16. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm happy to finally realising who i am and who i want to be...
    i also love being different and not being a predictable person and also seeing the world kinda differently than most people i know
    i think same sex relationship in general are great! i don't know if i'm wrong but i think two people of the same gender can have a much stronger and deeper connection..
    and girls are lovely:grin:

17. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being able to live your truth and know that they're people out there who love and support you, even if they aren't related to you.

18. Royals365

Out Status:
    A few people
    How I get to curve any girl that is interested in me. I know it sounds cruel but for some reason it just seems fun.

19. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    1. Teen girls are objectively hotter than teen guys in every single way.
    2. Girls are very tactile with their friends, especially sometimes if you act shy or standoffish, and I can use that to my advantage.
    3. I know more about sex than my friends due to all the dark places in the internet I went to while I was questioning, and I like to occasionally make them clutch their pearls with obscene jokes.
    4. I like it when people confuse my gender (which happens less often than I'd like) - it's just damn funny to me.
    5. The fact that homophobes give more of a shit about who I love/fuck than I do.
    6. RAINBOWS
    7. I'm romantically attracted to both genders but only sexually attracted to females, which means that I can appreciate people's minds and personalities in terms of attraction, and that I can join in with and appreciate the occasional crass joke from the guys in my life.
    8. Sarah Michelle Gellar. Just...Sarah Michelle Gellar. And FKA Twigs. Might as well throw Shakira in there as well...
    9. RAINBOWS!!!
    10. This website. :grin:

20. Angellyoso

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Reasons I love about my sexuality/gender:

- I don't need to worry about getting a girl pregnant.
    - It makes me feel that most of my straight guy friends are jealous of me cuz I get along with girls very well.
    - I'm allowed to be in an "only males" room such as male changing rooms in schools.
    - Makes me feel ultra confident and more able to interact with people.
    - I can be myself.
    - I don't give a damn about gender stereotypes.
    - I get to love Boys.

Reasons I hate about my sexuality/gender:

- Most of my guy friends who doesn't know I'm gay always tells me to be a man. I'm always going to be like "Please define "Man" to be" or I will say "Well, you're not "man" enough too."
    - I have to deal with homophobes
    - My family are most likely not going to be gay friendly.
    - I have to worry about my gay life in the future
    - I have no LGBTQ friends in school
    - It's difficult to find a Boyfriend.
    - There are no LGBT communities in the country I live.