1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do your parents think about you ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SomeAverageBoy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine are mostly ok with me being trans; however being Pan is another story. My Dad refuses to believe it's a thing and my Mom does some sort of mental gymnastics to link it with me being intersex. Both are oddly enough happy with me having a girlfriend, but staunchly against me dating guys or non-binary people.

2. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly don't know where their stance on me being trans is anymore. Their reaction when I tried to come out was...weird. Like, it wasn't good, but it wasn't quite bad, either? No one has spoken about it since, so their either ok with it or are ignoring it. I'm pretty sure they would be ok with me being bi, but ever since the weird reaction about being trans, I haven't had the guts to try to tell them.

3. Sealgirl19

" I'm proud of you for graduating college but are you sure you're gay? You sure you don't want kids, to go to church, and spend your money on me since you're "successful"? I love you as my only daughter but I still think you need to turn your life over to the Lord, move to Iowa, and the care of me. You have problems? I'm not gonna listen to them thought I constantly Say I'm here for you. Go to church every Sunday and be more ladylike since your my only girl."

4. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my family 12 years ago... I am now 37... nothing is ever mentioned about it. It never comes up. It's like it never happened. My mom doesn't show any interest in me dating, friends, gay friends, interests... I have actually had to "go back in the closet" to keep the peace. My dad is neutral. Doesn't care. My sister still shows interest and encouragement but... I can't be me. Case closed.

5. Joelouis

Me as a person: My Mum adored me and said she felt protected when she needed me.
    My Dad left when I was three years old and never showed his face again.

As for my sexuality, I never told my Mum anything about it.

6. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom knew before I told her... I think she knew before I knew myself. She's always been accepting, I'm pretty lucky to have her.

7. BiDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom was totally cool with it! I knew she would be, though, as my brother is gay. When I told her I had a crush on a girl she just smiled and asked what her name was. After I told her that, she guessed I was bi cause I've had crushes on boys in the past. When I told my mom I was gender questioning, I was really nervous and wanted to cry, but she just hugged me and said she loves me no matter what. So yeah, my mom was fine with it! My dad doesn't know though...

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basing it on the few hateful things they've said, they aren't very chill with it at all.

9. Alayna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom thinks vaccines caused my being trans, and doesn't accept it or my bisexuality. Nevertheless she still loves me and has learned to just not say anything when I "dress like a girl"