1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you live for?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ems, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I live for the future. I live for transitioning and presenting as female. I live for being able to be female. I live for the opportunities I'll have, the experiences, the friends I'll make, the possibility of falling in love! The future is wonderful place, if you make it wonderful. ^-^ <3 (*hug*)

2. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ems, please don't ever hurt yourself. You deserve so much better than that. (*hug*)

3. letherbwild2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live for my family, specifically my little sister. Despite all the wrong choices I've made and bad times I've had, she's always been there. She's the one person I can't be mad at for longer than 5 minutes. Instead of being ashamed of my self harm battle and bashing me for it, she sees them as courageous battle wounds.

4. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am confused about how self-inflicted wounds are being made to sound like a good thing? I mean, I understand the reference to "battle wounds". I don't want you to think I am downplaying what you have gone through. But self-mutilation is always a negative thing. Always. Even if someone manages to paint it in a positive light, it is not positive. Why would you want your sister to see that sort of thing as anything other than something to be avoided?

I assume I am going to get tore a new one for even saying that, but I don't want anyone on here seeing the idea of hurting themselves as brave or romantic. It is sad to see people resort to that, nothing more.

5. ems

ems

I dont think anyone sees them as romantic. And I dont think thats what she meant. Its more like a battle u been though and instead of really detesting ur scars and not being able to look at ur self maybe seeing them as battle scar s, something u have over come and are stronger for. but the reminder will always be there keeping u from doing it again or at least put u off. People do feel ashamed about there scars. If they can look at them as battle scars and no more maybe that's more healthy for the mind? I hope that makes sense - I know what I mean

#25 ems, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. Elli

I understand what you mean. I mean they actually kind of are. After all it's people who have fought with depression and well if they're still here and have overcome this Phase then they have won.

I still don't think that inflicting pain to yourself is a good thing. Especially since it's a really temporary solution like any addiction is.

You said you liked reading books - I'm really sure there's books out there that might address especially people who have issues with depression. I'm sorry that I can't really recommend any, haven't read anything in quite some time.

Asides from reading, is there anything else you can really get into? Some kind of sport maybe?

#26 Elli, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  7. ems

ems

Elli - i know its not a sport but i do a lot of walking with my dog although he is stressful. I used to love hockey, that was fun. I got a turkey on bowling once when I dont play that much, maybe its a special talent.

Thanks for the replys guys. There helping my emotions

8. wolf of fire

I have promises to keep.

9. Elli

That's great! I loved walking my dog. When have you quit hockey? It might not be a bad idea to pick it up again; And wow I'm personally really bad at bowling :lol: Do you have anybody whom you'd want to play with?

10. ems

ems

Elli - i havent played hockey for years I played in an after school club. Bowling - I don't know I used to play with my ex a lot but now we have split.... There might be someone I could play. I Don't see her that much but she is a friend.

11. Elli

I think it would be a good idea to maybe get in touch with that friend of yours.
    It's hard to do anything when depressed, because everything seems so pointless. But even if you have to force yourself, try and take little steps in which maybe you just try hard to enjoy life.
    Try and find just tiny things you enjoy about it, like about it. If it's the singing of birds, the bread in a restaurant, your favorite ice cream, a sunset, lying in the sun ( I know it's february and that's pretty hard now unless you're somewhere where it's always warm, if it's the opposite maybe a walk in the snow? )
    Try to get out and do/get to see these things you might enjoy a little. It's really important that you force yourself now because that might make it easier with time and help with it.

Have you ever considered visiting a therapist?

12. ems

ems

Elli - Okay, I'll try. Um ive never really thought about it to be honest. I know they might be able to help but telling a stranger all my problems in detail, I don't know if I could that. Plus goodness knows what my family would think. But i will think on everything you have said, got to try something

13. ems

ems

Just wanted to give an update. I was feeling better in my self for the last day or so not perfect but better, that is until 10mins go know i'm just angry but i guess thats better than depression?

#33 ems, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  14. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I'm feeling down or feeling like shit I start drawing or sketching. So far for me this is the only form that's essentially helped me ignore all my problems. When I get into drawing something or working on a piece I spend HOURS on it and focus only on that. It seems to help until someone interrupts me and then I instantly snap back into reality :frowning2:

15. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do I live for?
    It's a question I ask myself a little too often.

Mainly, it's for my friends and family, and my transition in the future.
    See, I don't want to be another statistic, another tragedy, another dead trans kid. I want to live to be an adult so I can be something younger LGBT kids can look up to. I want to help make progress in our community and actively work somehow to improve the lives of others so they don't have to suffer like I am now. For me, it's about devoting myself to a cause and to other people.
    Also, I want to live to see a day when I'm fully transitioned to male. This means a lot to me, and I don't want to die before then.

As for family and friends, when I'm feeling really depressed or even suicidal, I think of them. How they'll be traumatized and have to get therapy even, how I'll screw up their lives by being gone. My method of coping is basically putting others before myself.

16. Fluffycloud

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My family, the hope that I can become a successful and above all, inspirational and entertaining illustrator/ comic book artist, lastly I also live for my crush

Considering all her mental illnesses and issues, she's still an amazing person. Shes hot (average but I mentally drooll at her, she makes me weak at the knees), she's mature, awkward and has an amazing personality (even though she's so introverted and withdrawn), and shlhe's extremely kind and understanding.

I live for the hope that I'll someday be able to be with her.

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2016 at 11:34 AM ----------

Have you got any examples of your art online or do you prefer staying anonymous? (separating your profile here from your art alias)

#36 Fluffycloud, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016