1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you live for?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ems, Jan 31, 2016.

1. ems

ems

I'm in a bad place right now and just tired of life for so many reasons, death, work/weather, family and people not being accepting. Im just tired of it all.

Has anyone got any happy things they love to do, things that make you want to live if so would love to hear some to try and lift my spirits, I dont want to feel this way anymore.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Take my dog to the bark park and hanging out with my cat.

3. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to be in the same place, still kind of am (same problems, just new motivation), but my nephews have given me a sense of purpose so to speak, even if just temporarily. I love just playing with them, taking naps with them (well, more like cuddling with them til they fall asleep and then get things done while they sleep lol), feeding them, bathing them, and just loving them. I've just always connected more with kids and animals than adults. I think that's why I'm afraid I'll lose that bond with them when they get older.

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live for a better tomorrow. It might sound cheesy at first though I lived long enough to see there are better days beyond the bad ones. I live to see that another person doesn't get stuck in a rut like I was, and to be that someone to tell them that everything's going to be alright. And it's in that moment where that same person heads to a better place and there's no better feeling in the world in knowing that you helped. My nephew also gives me that sense. If you don't think anything in your life, just remember that there's always someone that's willing to lend an ear( or in this case, an eye to read) even in this cool community. Don't give up.

5. ems

ems

Maybe your right, maybe I do need to try and find someone to talk to somehow. Theres no one in my family that I can talk to

#5 ems, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  6. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live for my parents. For my sister, my girlfriend, my best friends.

I live for my dogs, my fish, my plants.

I live for all the beauty there is in the world. The trees swaying in the wind, the flowers blooming in spring, they sky on a summer day. I live because I want to see as much beauty as this world has to offer. I live, even when things are Shit, because the world is so much bigger than just me and whatever I'm going through. There is bad in this world. And sadness, and many awful things.

But there are an infinite amount of flowers. And birds. And colorful little bugs and fish. There's so much LIFE on this little rock, how can I not want to see as much of it as possible? There's too much to do to stop.

I'm selfish. And I live because I have love to give, and things to see.

So don't give up. There's a lot out there. And even though things are bad right now, they won't be forever. And in a year, in three years, in ten years, you'll be marvelling at all new experiences. And you'll be glad you're here.

7. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was/am in the same situation and just chose to try and find something positive within each day and it worked. Now even when something shitty (that would normally send me into massive depression) happens I manage to see the positive in it.
    Not saying it is easy, but can easily become a way of life if you really try as you easily get used to it. :slight_smile:

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    My little sister. She's my everything - my last great anchor to this world that otherwise I have mostly given up on.

Talking to people is great, ems. Do you have friends you can talk to? Maybe you can talk to some people here on EC or on whichever site?
    Finding yourself something you like to do can be good, as well.

Take care of yourself. (*hug*)

9. oh my god I

When I feel like this I just snuggle up under the covers and fantasize about good things. :c

10. ems

ems

Thank you for all the replies guys. Its good to know im not alone.

Invidia - I dont really have a friend I can talk to about this. Not sure who to talk to or who would want to listen to me

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can message any of us on our walls anytime! :slight_smile:

12. Elli

I try to find SOMETHING to look forward to. Or a reason why I can't die yet.
    Even if it's just "I haven't finished this series/game/whatever yet" or "I can't frigging die yet, if my life is crappy now that just means it's gonna be even better later on"
    Or find a hobby you really like; for example I always look forward to when I get home so I can try and improve those piano/guitar skills.

I'm sorry you're in a dark place like that right now, just know we're all here for you.

13. ems

ems

I like reading but some books just remind me how crap my life is. Sorry positive thoughts, work went well

14. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I go to the forest. I usually meet some animals, mostly deer and jays, there's also a tree that I talk to sometimes. My walks are almost the only time when I feel like 100% myself.

15. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Kittens, and rainbows, and puppies, and babies, and flowers...

I'm kidding. There are so many happy and delightful things we can focus on, Ems. Cute name btw.

For instance, I am going tomorrow to do some volunteer work. See, I was in a wheelchair for twelve years. I recently had surgery, and between that and a whole lot of physical therapy, I am on my feet again! Woo!

So now what I do is, I go to a nearby military base and talk to some wounded soldiers about what it means to live with a disability. It isn't any kind of formal therapy, it is just lunch and a conversation. I love doing it. It brings me so much joy to think that I am doing anything to help these men and women.

Hope that was positive and uplifting enough to help a little. Please feel better soon, sweety.

16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  17. ems

ems

Wow. Thats amazin what you've done. Maybe there is some good in this world after all!

18. ems

ems

I don't know what else will help i used to self harm and that made me feel so much better but since my friend helped/ made me stop. I feel so guilty if I do it know so it doesn't help. Some part of me wishes it did work then at least there would be a way out of this horrible mess

#18 ems, Feb 1, 2016
  19. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love going on walks in the countryside and marvelling at the natural beauty.

#19 Nordland, Feb 1, 2016
  20. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I live for my family and my friends, for the countless oppurtunities out there, for sunrises, rains, my plants, food, the sunlight and Fridays..... my favorite day of the week.