1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you like about being lgbtq+?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by faultyink, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree this is a your mileage may vary kind of statement. A lot also has to do with your location as well.

2. StarChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not all straight people are like this, but unfortunately A LOT of them are. Especially when they see homosexuality in a fetish way.

3. Melancholy

Melancholy Guest

Not worrying about getting pregnant and birth control pills, as seems to be the norm for other women in my family. The only things my hypothetical children would get from me (as it looks at the moment) are my problems.

4. Melancholy

Melancholy Guest

And this is probably one of the biggest things behind my insecurities - having people fetishise/trend something that is actually the *real* deal for you - and many cases - the *only* deal.

#24 Melancholy, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
  5. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You see straight people being homophobic, not not lgbt people heterophobic. Straight people kill gay people for being gay.You do not see any gay people kill straight people for being straight.

#25 Lgbtqpride, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  6. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gay is illegal in my country. There is no human right. We are not equal.

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like being a guy and think guys are hot. So there.

8. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's actually my straight friends who make me feel good about being gay. I've really struggled to fit in with my local lgbt community, so I'm grateful to have straight friends who are supportive of me and like me as I am.

9. lookingup9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really like this thread because I struggle lots of the time with thinking how much easier things would be if I were straight and thinking how I'm a letdown to my family who will never find love. But at the same time I know I am so much happier since being out.

I just love seeing LGBT+ people living their best lives - non straight couples of any kind, drag shows, pride parades, people who have the courage come out or express themselves in any way. I have so much admiration for people living their truth knowing the world does not make it easy for us sometimes. It makes my heart so happy and gives me inspiration that I can maybe someday soon go to pride, or ask a girl out, or come out to my family. I used to think I would take this to my grave and now I have hope I'll be able to love who I want, even if I still have a lot of fear.

I usually am pretty timid at awkward at parties. My friends and I went to this one drag show at a local bar a little less than a year ago, right around the time I was just beginning to come out to people. I never have felt more energized and alive in a "party" setting, seeing all these gay people having pride and celebrating being LGBT+ and saying "screw you" to society's ideas of gender. It wasn't polished, beautiful drag like you see on social media or RuPaul's Drag Race (not that that's not awesome too, I'm a fan) but just local people expressing themselves. It was such a beautiful and emotional experience for me! Two of the performers, one drag queen and one drag king, were people I knew from around campus and I had no idea they did drag and it was just so cool.

I love my LGBT+ friends and I love talking to everyone here as well!! I was just reading about that representative who compared LGBT community to the KKK and saying he would drown his kids if they were gay and all I could feel was pity for that pathetically small-minded man. We're a wonderful, diverse group of people who just want to love and be loved.

10. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He will get death sentence for murdering his kids.

11. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    theres a certain uh.....NSFW advantage as it provides variety. also being into the same sex provides an understanding between you both that doesnt seem quite as possible in a straight relationship, imo theres a reason the divorce rate is a lot lower in same sex couples. not to say straight relationships are not as good/worth less, when they work they work just as well its just a lot harder to find a relationship that actually works like a gay relationship does

12. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, same sex couple can understand each other better.

13. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As I'm still in the process trying figure out and accept my orientation--moving from bisexual to questioning back and forth--I can't give definite answers. It has given me an opportunity to think deeply about self-identity and self worth.

14. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are straight people that support lgbt+ rights. They literally exist, even if the number may be small in some countries. Believe me, this is coming from a country where homosexuality is highly frowned upon. With social media being active, people here are catching up with the rest of the world, and yours might be similar as well.

#34 Nightlight, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  15. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are only a few kind-hearted people that support equality. The rest just like to watch other people suffer.