1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when you're longing for physical touch?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Redbud123, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Redbud123

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lately I've been struggling with going back to college. I'm a bit older now, with a growing bald spot, surrounded by all these beautiful young people, some of them even a decade younger than me, and I really feel invisible sometimes.

I haven't been in a relationship for a long time, and sometimes when I'm feeling lonely, which is fairly often, I just feel such a heart aching desire to be touched and be close to someone.

But it's not something I feel I can just go and ask of someone. I don't have any close friends here, much less people I feel I can be intimate with, and I get the feeling that most men, while they may be friendly, are averse to getting to close or intimate with other men, and most women are distant by default simply because they've been taught to be wary of men. I mean, I can handle not having sex more or less indefinitely, but the lack of physical affection and intimacy is killing me. I just want to be close to someone and loved.

So, I was wondering if anybody else has similar problems, and if they'd like to talk about it or maybe give advice on how they've dealt with it.

Thanks, everyone.

2. Harleigh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If all else fails, I get a massage. Helps with physical touch as well as sore muscles. I know that's not a long-term solution, but it's something I can do occasionally if it's been a while since I've had physical affection. I know it's not the same, but it can be easier sometimes.

3. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could search out a farm and see if they have goats to pet. Goats are very friendly...

But I know how you feel. I'm not entirely sure what to suggest. I like to read but that might not be what you are looking for. But I think books can be fun, as they are kind of an escape. Some people don't like reading though.