1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when you miss someone?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by HM03, Jul 4, 2018.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I miss my mom. Long story short, she's sick and can't really talk/move. For some reason tonight I'm just really missing the way things used to be.

What do you all do when you miss someone and it's not practical to talk to them or visit them?

2. CuriousLad

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had the same problem with my grandmother. She basically brought me up since my parents were always working. She has bad hearing and she's also bad with technology so we can't contact her much.
    I'd think about her all the time when she was extremely sick. Especially when I'd do things she doesn't approve of, like wasting time watching shows and not studying properly. I'd even imagine her screaming at me.
    So I'd just do things that would make her happy if she was there with me. Like I'd whip out some textbook and solve a bunch of questions, just imagining how happy she'd be once I finished.
    So you should focus on your job, whatever it is, and try to do the stuff that makes your mom happy and proud. It really helps. This sounds corny but it'll be as if she's watching over you, even though she's far away physically.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My grandpa passed away early last year. We were really close. I try and think of things we did together, stories he told me, songs he liked to sing, and jokes he used to tell (he was an encyclopedia of jokes). And I talk to other people in my family about him too.