1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when you like someone older than you??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GraceMiamor, May 9, 2022.

1. GraceMiamor

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So.... I like someone older than me and I don't know what to do. They don't know that I like them. I'm kinda scared to tell them. It's a girl but I don't know how to tell her. She actually is on this but idk she's very sweet and listens to everything that I have to say. She is definitely a sweet heart. I wish I could tell her that I like her I just don't know how to go about it bc she's like 6 years older than me.

2. RogueWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    1st of all, I hope you're not a minor. If you're, (assuming you're over 12, which makes the other person 18 or over), then sorry to tell you this but don't act on your feelings, instead just keep being good friends with each other. Because it'll ends up causing problems for both you and that person.

But if both of you are willing to wait, to reach a legal age to pursue your relationship then that's great. But honestly, possibilities of that's happening is really low.

But if you're both over the age of 18, then I don't see why the age is a problem. There are a lot of couples with a bigger age gap. So I don't really see the age issue as a blocking factor (except for the 1st case). Good luck!

3. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 17 when I met the man I eventually married. He was 23. It felt like there was no age difference at all.

I am in the UK so it was perfectly legal since 16 is the age of consent over here. I believe it’s different in the USA.

#3 Sunchimes, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022