1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do Americans think of Canada?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by reny, Sep 26, 2016.

1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They keep our head(s) warm in the winter ^_^

No, but I am curious at a country so close and similar, yet not (having been more influenced as a British colony, like Australia).

Secretly wish our country would follow some of the more sensible policies. You have nice scenery, and your first nations are pretty awesome, too (look forward to meeting a Métis person).

2. DanielLee5

DanielLee5 Guest

Always wanted to visit Canada , stunning nature :slight_smile:

3. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been to Canada once. I think Canada is very pretty in the mountains, very cold in the winter, the people are nice, the laws are less discriminatory, and there are fewer wars caused by Canada than by the USA so go Canada! lol. I would never move to Canada though because it's too cold for me. All in all I like Canada as a country more than the USA.

Disclaimer lol I know it's not always cold in Canada but basically anything other than summer is too cold for me. I don't want to contribute to the Canada is 100% always cold stereotype haha.

#43 midwestgirl89, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  4. BiBiBaybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Love Canada. Used to travel to Ontario and Quebec for work. Dated a nurse in Toronto (Healthcare there sucks. Her words, not mine). Played music there. Still have friends there, and I'm not allowed to torture the ones in Montreal with my bad French.
    I am not qualified like others here to generalize about "most Americans," but everyone I know in the States loves Canada, too. And Canadians, of course. Some even like the Canadiens!