1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you think of the Game of Thrones finale?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ConnectedToWall, Aug 28, 2017.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What are your predictions?
    What did you like or hate about this season?

I think that Daenerys is the "pretty woman" in the prophecy Cersei Lannister was told as a child about her being Queen and then someone else taking her thrown afterwards. I actually don't want Cersei to die, though I know she's unpopular and has done some pretty bad things, I think some of what she did was understandable. I feel like this season they really casted her as the villain, more so than in other seasons. I was so annoyed when she revealed that she wasn't going to help fight the army of the dead, because I feel like she was acting so illogically and in some ways out of character. Wouldn't she get by now that her hunt for power has only ever gotten her children harmed and that if she keeps trying to secure the throne and the kingdoms she's going to get herself and her future child killed? Also, it was strange to me how Jamie was a more likeable character than her this season when Jamie was the one who pushed a ten year old kid out of a window back in season 1.

#1 ConnectedToWall, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoyed it, I think it was one of the better episodes of the season.

But the season as a whole, I feel like it was rushed. I'd say it's my least favorite season of them all, although I did really like episode four, six, and seven a lot. There is just so much more material D&D could have used for the show, but they've decided to just rush through it which highly disappoints me as I'm a huge ASOIAF fan.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I loved it! I agree though it felt rushed. Like i think i would have cared more about the character death beyond the wall if they'd dedicated more time to that plotline. I feel like that was supposed to be big and it wasn't. I also didn't like that despite all the Stark reunions, they didn't show many moments between them it was always plot driven. I hate what they have done to the direwolves too. In the season 1 opener they used actor dogs but ever since they seem to use only CGI. I wish they would use dog actors again, it feels like Ghost may as well be dead. They had to throw in a line to Sansa about Ghost being at Winterfell just so viewers knew where he was! And then on Twitter someone insisted Ghost was with Jon not at Winterfell...its a mess. I just don't understand why they use CGI instead of dog actors for the most part all they would do is follow their character owners around anyways.

#3 AlexJames, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017