1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What bothered you today?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ANightDude, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Meropspusillus

As much as that's awful, it's not true. I know chimps kill for sport, and I think gorillas do too. All it takes is owning a cat to know that cats enjoy killing small rodents, and dogs certainly kill plenty of animals with no intention of eating them at all. I'm sure there are other species that do it too.

I remember one time that I caught my cats toying with a live lizard, just keeping it from moving away, but not killing it, if that's not sport, I don't know what is. I don't agree with hunting for sport, but I don't think it's inherently wrong. There are way too many deer in our country (mainly because we've killed all their predators), so while I'd prefer it that the hunters ate them, who's gonna begrudge someone that wants a trophy instead of a meal?

And as much as wolf hunting may seem terrible too, it's easy to imagine a situation in which the wolf population is far too high and people might think the best way to deal with them is to kill a few wolves: they'd probably starve anyways. (It's easy to imagine, because the problem does exist with coyotes, though many argue that killing them isn't the best option...rather, it'd be better to let them starve).

Hunting bothers me too, but sometimes you have to think about whether or not it is neccesity. Maybe the wolves are overpopulated in that area, and maybe that wolf was killing his herd animals and he was just protecting his livelihood. Of course, maybe that guy is just a total tool who should be thrown into a wolf pit.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so, I saw a guy I thought might be cute, but as I moved past to get a look at his face he turns in perfect unison, so I never got to see his face for sure....what a waste :angry:

3. Just Adam

aww (*hug*)

4. kettlkorn

buying textbooks for nursing. $600 for one class. What a freaking rip-off!

5. starfish

My feet. They bloody hurt. Too much walking on concrete the past week.

6. Eric

How often the song The Way You Look Tonight has popped into (and gotten stuck in) my head. I like that song but enough is enough at some poi... No. No, not again! Please no!

Someday, when I'm awfully low...

CURSE YOU SINATRA!

7. Iniquity

The woman in front of me at Subway was very rude to the guy making her sub (acting very stereotypical too...). Always be kind to the person making your food: they control your short-term health...

8. Zume

Chimps and gorillas...? All animals are territorial.. even the most dangerous animal of all - humans. Humans, however, are the only ones who go into another animal's territory to kill just for fun.. for the thrill to see another animal squirm until it's last breath leaves its body and to hear the dying cries of a fellow creature who was just going about it's day.

As for cats and yours who killed small rodents.. cats eat them.. they kill because their instincts tell them to. Dogs who are aggressive have either been mistreated by humans in some way otherwise they would have absolutely no reason by the rules of nature to be aggressive other than territory like any other animal.

Okay.. your cat was toying with a lizard, playing with it and not killing it. It was having fun. Yes that is a sport I suppose. Killing is killing. It is never to be a sport.

Humans hate and fear what they do not understand. People misunderstand the predators in the wild, thinking that we, as humans, are the ultimate predator. There are too many deer because we are selfish and hate competition and are afraid of it seeing how that would take away from the pleasure of having a fellow animal die at our hands.

Maybe but you have to remember.. nature did just fine dealing with such problems as that for how long before we came along? That is just the kind of arrogant species we are thinking we need to "control" our furred brothers and sisters.

And there is the most common misconception - that wolves are mindless killers who will kill a human if they are "thrown to them". Wolves are more like humans than you can imagine. Wolves are all family-oriented.. they defend their homes against intrusion. They are compassionate, playful, friendly. It's only when people threaten them that they turn into us.

9. Shevanel

The above ongoing conversation that is never going to end with either side changed.

[​IMG]

10. Meropspusillus

Haha. I love arguing almost as much as I love you Joey. <3

11. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Headache. I hate not having things in control!

12. Eric

My dad. As per usual. At least he's headed for Toronto for a few days. Have fun at the Jays/Yankees series, you cheap, selfish and loathsome piece of shit! Take whatever souvenir you intend to buy me and shove it!

That feels so much better.

13. Lady Macbeth

Google Images.

14. Kupo!

Kupo! Guest

dont fucking comment on someone's status if you don't have a freaking clue as to what they are talking about!

15. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't stand the noise of dogs barking excessively. It just pisses me off and gives me a headache. :angry:

16. rocking23

I was in the bathroom making #2 and I reached the point where I feel like I'm all done my business.

So I whipe clean, using maybe 4 or 5 bunches of paper to ensure I'm all tidy.

Just as I drop the last batch of paper into the toilet and reach to flush... I stop and suddenly feel "full."

I now see myself doing more business, even as much as I did before...

I'm thinking to myself: "FML, I need to whipe again and now Oprah's commercial is probably over..."