1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What bothered you today?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ANightDude, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Severed Serenity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What bothered me in the wee hours of this morning was that my mom made a huge deal of my girlfriend calling me because we were bored. She doesn't know we're dating (she's homophobic) and she was apparently woken up by the ringing of the phone which lasted all of 1 second.

2. elitechris

i woke up late for my interview
    interview guy looked so bored when i was talking to him
    had to walk to the interview and back home
    got blisters on my feet :frowning2:
    thought my laptop died
    didn't eat much :frowning2:

3. Jeremy

Waking up at 4:00 in the morning, going to turn on my light so I can see and get dressed, and having my light burn out...

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people are just dripping with stupid today.
    "is this the bus to the Star Wars convention?"
    Well, its full of storm troopers and Boba Fett, what the hell do you think?!

sdkljfklsjdfjsdkelfjklsdjfklsjdfkljskldfjklsjdfkljsdklfjklsdglkjiowifie

This is what some mute guy wrote on a piece of paper and expected me to know what he wanted!

I need an address to know how much its going to cost to ship your package.
    "its going to New York"
    New York isn't an address.
    "I don't know the address"
    Well, there is only 8 million people in New York I'm sure UPS will find you.

5. Zume

What bothered me today?

Well the people where I work had a copy of this picture hanging up in the front office so I took it down and plan on shredding it.

[​IMG]

It really pisses me off.

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

WOOA! that wolf is huuuge? It can't be a Dire wolf can it?

7. Hoppip

Is he hugging it? Is it alive? :confused:

8. *looks outside my window* The weather =/ A week full of sunshine, and today has to be cloudy >_>

9. Zume

Dire Wolves are extinct.. so no. Regardless of the type I despise wolf hunters. Give the wolf a chance to rip their attackers apart.. hand to paw combat. :dry:

No.. he shot it from a long ways away like a coward while it was just going about its business.. enjoying the day. :dry:

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This crazy woman who keeps calling from Ireland. I've explained to her 3 times how internatonal shipping works and I know the other lady that works with me has explained it at least once. It isn't that hard! and, calling back every day isn't going to get you a cheeper price!

11. Meropspusillus

How come wolves get to use their natural survival traits, but we don't get to use our own (a strong affinity for tool use is definitely a trait of Homo sapiens). Regardless, unless that wolf was a man-eater I think hunting is pretty much a nono. (Especially if that wolf is endangered).

Also, my sister went on a long rant about how she feels bad about spending our parents money and how she'd love to help pay for her guitar lessons. (This was just after my parents talking about financial woes due in part to my attendance of a private college). >_<

#291 Meropspusillus, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  12. ANightDude

Something. Not sure what, but something.

13. Zume

It's not that we don't get to use ours.. we just choose not to and are taught not to. The use of tools? You can teach a mouse to turn on an electronic device or teach a monkey how to use a hammer.. so that does not really apply. Now as far as survival traits go we have the ability to listen to our intuition and our instincts but we choose not to. Wolves use this every day. And there is no reason to hunt wolves except for those sick sadistic people who hunt for trophies. :dry:

And this falls under what has bothered me today.. the dentist offce visit was painless compared to having to reply to this.. sorry :dry:

14. Walolas

Talking to my high school guidance counselor and finding out I would have 2 more full years to get my diploma on top of the four I've already put in so I'm dropping out, grabbing my GED, and going to Community College to prepare for a four year later.

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thats a shame the wolf must have been old to have grown that large

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of those really tiny things that irritates me for no reason.

Percy Sledge recorded this song back in 1966. He technically "wrote" it on the spot by having his two bandmates "play something in any key", and then pouring his heart out live on stage. (Being a much more generous sort than anybody has a right to be, he gave the two bandmates full songwriting credit, leaving nothing for himself.)

This song is one of the most gut-wrenching songs ever to hit the top of the chart. In it, Percy Sledge is, as far as I can tell, at the end of his rope. A slave to a woman he gave everything to, and now can only feebly beg "please don't treat me bad"...although you know she's gonna.

[youtube]vwVwviN7qbo[/youtube]

It's an amazingly powerful song. Which is why other singers keep trying to sing it. And ALWAYS coming up short. Michael Bolton might have repeated the #1 position on the chart, but he continued the trend of all cover versions being pale shadows of the real thing.

First off, he changed the first lyric of the bridge from "Well, this man loves a woman" to "When a man loves a woman". Which makes it read "When a man loves a woman, I gave you everything I had." What the HELL is that supposed to mean? And then he compounds the problem by making the third line "trying to hold on to your precious love", instead of the original "trying to hold on to your high-class love"...which makes the song more of a "gee, I hope you love me too" rather than a desperate cry from the pit of helplessness.

And lest you think I'm throwing all my ire at Mr Bolton, I'm looking at you, too, Bette.

[youtube]EjgkKUwQMaY[/youtube]

Lex

17. Meropspusillus

I do agree with that, (unless of course this particular wolf was a threat to people, in which case he should have tranquilized and relocated...). I was just being argumentative about first part in which you said a wolf could tear a human apart given a chance.

18. Zume

I understand.

I was just mentioning that under "natural survival traits" you have instincts and inuition which we have been taught to ignore and shun.

But wolf hunters.. if they think themselves so great I was just saying that they should prove it and go hand to paw and may the best animal win.

I meant no offense. I was only expressing my disappointment in people who hunt for sport. They attack from a distance where they feel they have power. If they got close they would never try it.

19. Sylver

Seriously.. where do people get off calling the killing of a defenseless animal "sport"? Is there an element of competition involved? Is watching another living being die at their hands pleasurable? Does having the power to take the life of another give them a rush? Why is it that if I took a gun and shot that hunter and proudly held up his corpse in a photo that I'd be arrested and tried for murder?

Humans are the only species on Earth that kill for "sport" - all other species kill out of necessity alone, to survive. I really, really, really don't understand our species... :bang:

*gives up and walks away..*

20. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Buses and there incapability to keep to time tables meaning I miss my connection back home.