1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your religious views?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dyl pickle, Feb 16, 2017.

1. actualdust

This is pretty much what I believe. I feel that there are greater cosmic and elemental energies at work that we're not aware of but nothing quite like an organized religion or higher power.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Atheist.

3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    that actually seems to be the closest i've heard to how i feel.

4. holtzysorry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Catholic by lifestyle and birth but paganism always felt right to me. I don't really know why but I always felt called to the gods of old. Mostly Norse and Saxon pantheons but it counts right?

5. yongsua

:thumbsup:

6. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. TheLemurLady

TheLemurLady Guest

Raised Christian but have questioned since I was nine. Now I would say I'm agnostic. Whatever happens, happens. I just hope that there is heaven nevause I never want the end to happen. :eusa_danc

8. Luca00

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was raised catholic, but after thinking about it and discussing with my friends, I am more leaning towards deism (=there is a God, a higher power, but there is no cult/principles to follow, it is just an entity; there is no religious authority).

9. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. dragonfly27

raised Jewish, but consider myself atheist.

11. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Raised christian, but not really christian anymore. I haven't researched any other faiths & haven't really been bothered to find one... so I guess I'm Agnostic? For now.

12. Chickzak

Born a Muslim! Of course it doesn't make it any easier being a cultured woman who's a closet lesbian/bi, but you take one step at a time, meet new people, and try to make compromises where you can. Also, trusting your closest friends, finding a "halal" escape and not losing your own identity in the struggle is what it's all about!

"Good family, good friends, everything's gonna be alright...la la laaaa" (!)

#52 Chickzak, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  13. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agnostic forever.

14. ClosetGirl7

15. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agnostic.
    Raised in totally atheistic country, there was nobody to introduce me into some religious stuff when I was young. So as a child, I only thought about Christianity and other religions like they were some kind of ancient stuff known only from stories and historical books. I viewed churches only as historical buildings, nothing more. Basically the only 'religious stuff' we did, was celebrating Christmas, Easter and Halloween.
    Growing older, I realized there are still many religious people around. As I learned more about religions, their views and culture, I moved towards agnostic (from atheist).

16. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My family has always been very Christian.

I had always believed in god because they did, I never really decided myself if there was a god or not, I pretty much let them decide for me.

Of course as I started to become older and thought for myself I realized that I do not believe in any form of a god or afterlife and that I am an atheist.

- I am not going to talk about what I think about religion here though as I want to respectful to others. However I will agree with Aberrance on how religion has done the world a lot of bad.

(Side note: What really bugs me is when people, even my own family say that if you are atheist you have NO morals.)

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Atheist with some LaVeyan Satanism philosophy

18. shymeeee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not religious, but DO believe in God. I really do believe that an abstract higher power exists along with a moral code we all must follow. I also believe that "good and evil" exists, such that my purpose is to be and do good. Making a lot of money is not always the good thing to do. So how do I measure up? Haha... I need to do more, and I'm still trying. As a gay man, I tended to live with uncertainty as to whether or not homosexuality is acceptable. I just wonder about it, but have realized that the good I do (and have done) in my life certainly carries weight!! After all, I know a lot of straight men who beat their wives, lie, cheat and live for materialistic gain. In my view, compared to these men, I should rank very high since I've been self-less and spent much of my life searching for (real) love. Gays should NOT have turned away from religion when corrupt fake religious leaders misrepresented God's words/intent.
    Peace everyone.

#58 shymeeee, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  19. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The short answer.
    I'm an atheist.

The long answer.
    I believe that it's impossible to prove or disprove the existence of any sort of higher power, otherwise it would not be "faith" or "belief" just knowledge.
    I believe that there is no higher power of any kind, but unlike a lot of other atheists I don't try to disprove other people's religious beliefs, as I acknowledge that I may be wrong.
    I also believe that it's up to us (meaning humanity as a whole) to "stand in" for god (or whoever/whatever you believe in) and make the world as just and fair as we can.

20. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Difficult to define. I'm probably agnostic bordering on atheist, but I do have some lingering faith that I can't explain.

I was raised in a Christian family so always had religion in my life up until my teens. I did find a faith in God. As I had been suicidal upon discovering my sexuality, and unable to tell anyone about it, I turned to God (as the only one I could tell). Over a number of months of being on the edge of suicide and attempting it, I eventually came to an understanding that if God had wanted me to die, he had plenty of chances, so I did believe that God believed I had a future. So I did find a faith in God which did keep me going throughout my teens. But I've never followed religion which I see as doing more harm than good. I had my own faith but I stopped going to church in my early teens.

Over the years I think my faith has dwindled, a number of things have made me doubt the faith I once had, but it still lingers a bit and I do think the faith I had when I was in my early teens was incredibly important to me at that time.