1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your religious/spiritual beliefs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ellyy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Jellal

Agnostic, but highly fascinated with all religions and spiritual beliefs. I think there's a lot I can learn from religion even if I never strictly adhere to one.

People who think that religion is a primitive construct that sufficiently advanced humans must abandon in order to progress—they're only fooling themselves. Because religion, at its heart, is a method for humans to make sense of the world they live in, to seek explanations and pursue answers. Science is a religion which must continually challenge its own dogmas in order to adapt. Humanity will only stop seeking out answers that will help to orient itself in the universe when we are all either dead or brain-dead.

2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not a religious person, but I am very spiritual. I believe in God and have a great relationship with him but I dont know what I think I about churches. I mean, sometimes they are the one causing other people to sin. But whatever, as long as I am having my good and flourishing relationship with God, I think I am good with that.

3. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly don't care. I'm not going to waste my life trying to disprove something that people find comfort in, nor will I let my entire life be dictated by a book's/deity's rules. There are better things I can do with my time. I also think we should use science to try to understand the universe. I guess if you had to label that, from what I've read, Agnostic humanist sorta works, sorta. Hope that makes sense.

4. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I believe there is a god (I do not capitalize that word though), but I do not believe in Jesus or anything written in the bible or any other religious text. I think it's all made up nonsense. I don't even believe that Jesus was a real person regardless of if he was god's son or not. Honestly I mock religion (not out loud, I keep it all to myself) and hate going into churches.

5. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Raised Mormon, but de-converted and turned atheist a few months ago. It just didn't make sense to me anymore. Being forced to wear a dress for three hours every week and attend a class just for women didn't help. :lol:

I guess really, the discomfort with going to church had been building up for years, and I was questioning all of it for a long time and realised that trying to hold on when I didn't really believe it anymore wasn't a good idea.

6. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was Buddhist but, now I'm in between religions right not, not really practicing anything. I'm interested in Taoism and would like to try blending it with aspects of Buddhism.

7. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I consider myself an agnostic - I believe that it's possible that there is a higher power out there and then again there may not be. We just don't know.

8. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nil. Like everyone I was born without a religion... unlike lots of other people I stayed that way. I simply never saw any point in acquiring one. Just as religious people will probably never understand why I didn't become religious, I guess I'll never understand why so many people beome religious.

9. Ab4t5

i'm an atheist, I don't really care what other people believe as long as it doesn't hurt or is forced on other people.

10. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We don't know anything, and we can't even be sure that we don't know anything.

Yeah, my mind's basically messed up.

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I am catholic and share A LOT of the catholic beliefs, the key word there is A LOT not all, not MOST, A LOT :slight_smile: