1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your religious/spiritual beliefs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ellyy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Atheist...

2. blackhatguy

Reasonably active LDS. Some would say I'm too bisexual, watch too many r rated movies, listen to too much metal, and have too much hair to be a good mormon, but I don't really care what they think.

3. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe in God and I am a Christian, but I don't think there's anything wrong with Judaism, Islam, and other religions and I think they are all worshiping God in their own way.

4. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have any religious or spiritual beliefs. Technically, I'm an atheist but I think it would be better to describe me as areligious (meaning "not religious") because it covers my thought on all religions. Also, contrary to popular belief, atheists can be religious.

#24 Drednaught, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  5. KingJude

I'm a complete atheist, and proud.

6. Rapha Lover

I'm deist.
    I believe in God, but not in your intervation in our lifes.

7. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 50 percent agnostic and 50 percent atheist. I'm agnostic, because even it it's there I can't find it. The atheist goes because most likely there is nothing there, it appears that the universe doesn't require gods to run itself.

If I had to describe my ethical and moral decision making system I'd go with the secular humanism. Some describe it as being a Christian without the burden of its religious dogma and faith.

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The empress Kaiser might pull my strings, but I'm a puppet that dances to the tune of Tzeentch. You might laugh because Tzeentch is fictional... belief can be a powerful tool, if you know how to use it. That dude is such a godform. Technically, I'm a chaote, and nobody knows what it means. I can think without thinking. I transcend rationality, except when I don't. I experience altered states of consciousness without drugs. I might bore y'all if I explained it. In my case, it's a more psychologically healthy option than LaVeyan Satanism. I think it's more vanity than superiority, but I have an ego that could easily spiral out of control.

Think of me as an atheist with a personal code.

9. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I don't see a sense in thinking about something when in the end you can't really prove wether it is there or not, so probably agnostic.
    My family consists of christians with a deep believe and one of my best friends is a convinced atheist.i respect both because both have good points.

Also the world is going to blow up one day we all have to die someday and we're just a little planet in a big universe that won't notice we're gone therefore it doesn't really matter what we do.So in the end i'm probably a nihilist.

10. tscott

Christian, Episcopalian. I have very firm beliefs. It's due to my relationship with God that I finally came out. My God is a my rock and my salvation. My denomination is very gay friendly and accepting, so I've never experienced the rejection some have felt in other faiths.

11. CrazyAwkward

This almost exactly sums up my thoughts on religion. The only difference is I tend to identify as more agnostic than atheist. Mainly because if my family somehow learned of my non-Christian beliefs the word atheist would probably make them flip out.

I also have always had an interest in Taoism, but more as a philosophy, not so much in the religious sense. I've only studied it with any seriousness for the past six months or so, but the elements of Taoism I've been able to incorporate into my life in that time have given me more clarity and peace than I ever found while exploring Christianity. I doubt I'll ever consider myself a Taoist, but it has been interesting, and it's made me think about things in ways I wouldn't have considered on my own.

12. badluckfairy

13. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm an (agnostic) atheist, but I love learning about other religions.
    I haven't ruled out the possibility that there is some form of higher power, though I do believe it to be incredibly unlikely.
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I also like crystals and incense and stuff. I have no idea if it works or not, but hey, can't hurt to try I guess

14. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ Me too. I've read a lot about Wicca. I even practiced it for a year as a teenager. I've read the Complete Idiot's Guide To Judaism as well. Very interesting.

15. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lack of a religion: atheism (Secular humanism to be more specific). :icon_bigg

16. moonshinenine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I worship unicorns religiously as my spiritual animal.

..A question well answered. You're welcome!

17. Hizaki

At the risk of sounding monochromatic, I don't put any stock into any idea right now. "I don't claim to know anything about anything", I say.

That being said, if time and space are infinite, that must mean that everything, imaginable or not, must have, does currently, or will exist, no matter the size, energy, or quantity. So there's that ^_^

18. timo

I'm not religious, nor spiritual.

I usually call myself an atheist because I don't believe in anything. The concept of some higher being makes no sense to me. But in the end, I don't really care.

19. Lyana

Atheist. Always have been.

I've sometimes thought "faith" in God sounds like a nice thing to have, but I don't have it and I can't, so...

20. the haunted

For the past eight years and counting, I have only called myself atheist. I am not strictly committed to any belief (or lack of). If I see that there is enough evidence to change my mind, then I will. I'm willing to listen to anyone.