1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your religious/spiritual beliefs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ellyy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    .. If you have any.

I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion of what belief is wrong or right I'm just curious to know what you believe in and why.

:slight_smile:

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't have any~. Atheist.

3. Hatsune Miku

I used to believe in God when I was younger but from what I heard about him in church/read in the Bible he sounded kind of dickish so I never actually converted to Christianity. I did however fake getting "saved" at church when I was 10 in order to get people to stop shoving shit down my throat in conversion attempts. I became agnostic around the age of 13.

4. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have absolutely no clue what's out there. I think man has distorted many things.

5. MrSkittles

I believe in god. I don't go to church but I do believe in god and that Jesus is our Savior.

6. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I also don't know. I admit that I'm very ignorant.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agnostic.

8. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im not normally a praying man, but if you're up there please save me superman.

Thats pretty much my belief.

9. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Proud to be an atheist.

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mostly atheist. Somewhat agnostic, due to the fact that atheism seems to imply that a person is certain there is nothing beyond this life. There's really no way we can be certain. However, I say atheist mostly because when you say agnostic I feel people think you're not sure whether or not, for example, Christianity is real. No, I'm fairly sure none of the world's religions have gotten it right, if there is anything.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Atheism, although I'm an agnostic atheist (a 6 on the Dawkins Scale). I also fall underneath the Secular Humanist umbrella.

My reason for believing what I believe? I was always questioning even when I was a Christian, and then over the span of 13-15 I drifted further and further away from theism, and I became a self-proclaimed atheist when I was 17.

12. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excellently put!

13. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I believe in a higher power but i don't believe in organized religion.

14. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agnostic-atheist. I'd like to believe there is someone watching over me but I just don't think there is. Anyways, I believe in being a good person and treating others how I would want to be treated.

15. Magnemma

Magnemma Guest

I relate mostly with Buddhism. Both my parents were christian but they raised us with basically no religion. My godmother introduced us to Buddhism, and because of that, I don't only like it for the beliefs, but also because it keeps her in my mind.

16. guitar

Atheist, but naturally curious about religion. I love studying world religions and trying to understand why (and what) people believe.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Modified version of Buddhism, with elements of Bushido.

Suffering develops strength, encourages questioning of the mind, and reinforces/remakes beliefs. Vulnerability creates humility, which births appreciation. All things that happen, are to be enjoyed for what they are, then and there, because they will not last forever. Live in constant improvement, be it the way one thinks, speaks, or lives.

That... would be the most condensed way to explain it. To personalize it a bit, I often look for the good in the bad. Even if something totally falls apart, it can never be absolutely worthless, because even in that, a lesson can be obtained: how to avoid such tragedy again, or how to utilize it now.

Bushido tends to be known as what samurai adhered to. While I like a great deal of it, I'm not going to kill myself if I am dishonored. About the only time I would take my own life is, if I were forced into it, and wished to exercise my last bit of power to deny another.

Bushido has, basically, eight things to keep in mind and practice:

>Benevolence.
    >Courage.
    >Honor.
    >Loyalty.
    >Respect.
    >Righteousness.
    >Self-control.
    >Sincerity.

Most people know what these words mean, but very few actually explore the depths of and behind those meanings. Each day, or every other day sometimes, when I meditate, it will be on one of these words, if not something immediately personal. I envision how I've been representing them, and how I may improve. I do my best to incorporate these things into my actions and words, even though I fall short at times, and have been known to disregard them sometimes.

I meditate once a day (sometimes every two days, depending on the circumstances), for 30 minutes to about 1 hour. Though, a few times, I have gone for about 2 hours. When you can focus inward and silence your thoughts, you can hear more clearly, as silly as this sounds. You don't have to deal with background noise, like doubt, frustration, or sadness, and you can address situations a lot better. People have said they lack the patience to meditate, but often that's background noise yelling over their deepest, most intimate thoughts -- that which really moves and shapes you.

Behind my anger, was hurt. Beneath my apathy, was isolation. Beyond my assertiveness, was desire. I was pissed because I was hurting, but I had to not care to lessen the hurt, so I was often left to my own, and to compensate I would engineer folks into situations or roles, because I wanted somebody to like and comfort me. I'd probably never have gotten to the bottom of this, if I had pursued other avenues, especially my early exposure to Christianity -- Southern Baptist variety, at that.

18. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Agnostic in the sense where I believe that the universe 'governs' itself but I don't believe in a singular higher power