Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Random Ross 1, May 28, 2017.
lefty lefty lefty left
gay, female, and pissed off
I'm for Quebec independence, so there's only one party I can really vote for (even if it's not doing its job properly...).
Apart from that, my views are loosely:
-Religion is something private and should be completely out of schools/the state/public jobs.
-Immigration should be better organized, favorizing people from French speaking countries/regions and making sure the immigrants are integrating well
-Weed can be legal
-Equal rights for everybody, which we pretty much have save for a few details
-More money in health and education (stop. cutting. in. those.)
-Protect the environment, so the pipeline can go suck it
I'm so socialist, some people questioned if I was a communist..
Hoping to vote Green Party though when I can vote
I'm an Anarchist (which does not mean I support chaos and lawlessness, it just means I believe that no one should have power over anyone else).
Socially, I lean towards the right. Which has really shocked a lot of my friends, for whatever reason.
-Stricter Gun laws
the lefter the better
All should obey me and tremble at my feet.
In Hawaii, you have to register with a party to vote in primaries. For that reason, I'm a registered democrat. However, I have no loyalty to any political party. The green party is more where I align politically but they have zero presence in Hawaii (other than presidential ballot access). I actually voted for Jill Stein last year. I've voted for a republican mayor before because the democratic candidate here was a joke. In general though, i vote democratic down the ballot.
I however don't think the demographic party is progressive enough (even Bernie, Warren, and Gabbard aren't liberal enough). The establishment democrats are only slightly less corrupt than the republican party, but they lack any backbone on how to play politics. I hate how Bernie was treated during the primaries. We wouldn't have President Trump if it wasn't for the political elite hacks at the DNC. I also think Bernie doesn't go far enough in promoting a two state solution with Palestine and Israel. I align politically with the green party in the US or the UK Labour party. All the things that platform ran on, I agree with. Below is what I would do as president (assuming I ran and won as a democrat).
- Pardon all non-drug offenders, fire the head of the DEA, and appoint someone who will remove weed's classification under the CSA
- Put a ban on the Democratic party receiving super-pac money.
- Convince democrats to get on board the following or risk getting primary'd
- Medicare for all
- Rebuilding our local infrastructure including the renewable energy sector (Jail those responsible for Flint and fix first)
- Tuition Free College
- Take away all aid from Israel, recognize Palestine, and recognize Saudi Arabia as being a state sponsored terrorist state
- Abolish (or minimize) the NSA & TSA
- Combine the DEA with ATF.
- Legalize some drugs recreationally. Take those drugs and use it for healthcare treatment
- Crack down on opioid prescriptions
- Stop involvement in middle east in terms of war, close gitmo, and support troops coming home
- Re-regulate the financial sector
- Cut taxes for poor and wealthy, increase taxes for the rich (no billionaires tax)
Introduce the following constitutional amendments
- repeal of the second amendment
- Equal rights amendment (LGBT+, Ethnicity, gender identity, and Atheists)
- Public elections amendment (no donations, only public financed elections)
This could go on for a while but that's just my starter list.