1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you wearing for Halloween?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by TeeBe, Oct 6, 2007.

1. TeeBe

Just wondering, have people picked out their costumes yet?? Originally, five friends and I were going as the original Sailor Scouts and Tuxedo mask, but with people now living all over southern Ontario, plans fell through. I need a good costume! Last year I (*ahem*) went (to Rockey Horror Picture Show) painted as a tiger. How can I top that?

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

2. Torture

Torture Guest

I stopped going out for Halloween when I turned 13, I found it boring. I just stay at home and eat some candy that I bought.

3. TeeBe

Haha, who said you had to go trick-or-treating? What about parties?

4. Torture

Torture Guest

Ahh, parties! :wink: forgot all about them, lol. :icon_wink

5. davo-man

Well we don't really have too big a celebration for Halloween in Australia (at least not where I live) and theres no trick/treating/costumes....however

For my party which is in a week, Ive got a Heroes and Villains Theme, so I will be dressing up as The Joker....Shall be posting pics, and it should interesting hehe...lets just say there will be a lot of face paint!

Also...how can you go to Rocky Horror dresseda s a tiger?...If i was you I so would have gone as Magenta...she is just the BEST character in the whole thing!!!...also Frankie is pretty damn awesome...sorry im a RHPS fan

6. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Nothing :frowning2: No parties, no trick-or-treating, not dressing up for school, nothing for me :frowning2:

7. TeeBe

I lOVE RHPS! I actually made two of the synchro scene costumes (the corsets, garter belts, red sequined and feathery gauntlet, the black gauntlet...every detail...) for two of my guy friends (Corey is one of them...he hasn't been on here in a while). I could wear a tiger because...I really wanted to go out in public in body paint, and where better than the huge celebration aound RHPS, where everyone is half-nude anyways?

There is a theatre in town where they actually let us throw the toast, rice, spray water guns, yell, dance in front of the screen etc. etc. on halloween. They do it every year...So awesome!

8. davo-man

Awesome I wish i could go and do all the call outs...(I still havent had my RHPS cherry officially popped) but me and my friends went to an open air (like outside) screening of it, and we were expecting ppl to get dressed up so we did, but no one else did...So im standing there in my Transylvanian costume (was basically just a jacket bright tie, bright had and cool sunglassed) and my friends in corsets, and everyone else is just in trqackpants and stuff....how embarrassing...

Anyway, back to topic...I wish we had Halloween in Aus like you Americans do, cos it seems like a lot of fun..

9. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing special. I don't need a costume...

10. kuzmaster

It isnt all that original, and it is a bit gross and disgusting, but im going as a late-term abortion :slight_smile:

11. Tom

Tom Guest

erm im not gona be werin anythin

dnt get the rong idea just i never dress up for halloween and i wont be naked, until i have my shower, ill just be in my niormal clothes

12. Jeimuzu

Nothing too special, but I'm in uni so I might randomly buy a toy axe or something from a pound shop, for shits and giggles mostly.

13. aussie paul

It's becoming a tradition in Australia, but I think most Aussies don't know what it is or what to do. A few years ago, we didn't participate and children through eggs at our front windows. So that really put us off. These days, no rotten eggs, thank goodness! But some local kids come knocking on the door dressed as witches or something. Their mums are on the street watching them. (So they're safe.) They just ask for sweets (candy). Sorry, I don't really understand. What's supposed to happen? Paul, an old guy from OZ.

14. Tom

Tom Guest

o i do already have the toy axe, found it at asda for 50p ($1) so fught i mite aswell have it

15. Jeimuzu

I'm thinking a lot of my friends at uni will turn up in some mild costume, although they'll probably just actually dress up goth for the day, which isn't quite the same.

Erm, well it's based on All Hallow's Eve, as the day after is All Saints Day (religious figures can be called Hallows). The concept is that the 'coming of the saints', and so much religious fervour in one day temporarily drives demons and monsters out of hiding, therefore they're meant to be all over the place on the 31st, because they're all running away.

That story got to America, where they decided to make a holiday of it where children go round taking sweets off people they don't know.

The one and only day where it's apparently okay to take candy off strangers. Weird, isn't it?

16. Ty

Ty Guest

17. rorotherara

rorotherara Guest

MMM. Halloweennn partyyyy.
    I'm dressing up as batman with only a mask, cloak, and batman underwear briefs
    My BF will be joining me as superman with only a cape, painted S on chest and of course superman boxer briefs

:wink:
    Its going to be fun.

18. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Halloween is my second favorite holiday next to Christmas. I don't dress up but I love handing out goodies to my trick or treaters and seeing them in their costumes. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We spend all year teaching our children not to take candy from strangers but on this particular holiday, we let them go door knocking for it! Still...I think it's alot of fun.

19. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't think that is funny or cute at all. I think that might be really hurtful and offensive. Halloween is supposed to be fun.

20. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I haven't done anything for Halloween since about the 6th grade...
    I'm a Junior in HS now.

But everyone in my old school would just go over to this girl's house and Trick or Treat like idiots, :lol:, then go back to her house, get high on the candy, and come to school the next day almost wasted + they brought the left over candy in pillow cases and just made it worse.

:grin: