1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Going to do something dumb tomorrow. Might not do it if I chicken out.
    So many thoughts are going through my head. If it works, it's going to be a difficult road. Even if it doesn't, it will still suck but I'll get over it probably. If I don't try it, I'll be stuck at the state I'm in right now.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today was mentally exhausting and I still have a shitload of work to do tomorrow.

#6782 AwesomGaytheist, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  3. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    .............shit.....I can't-

#6783 Nightlight, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  4. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in a "going to tear someone's head off" mood today. Every fucking thing is making me angry. Someone at work screwing up the paperwork makes me angry. Having to work an eight-hour shift when my hand feels like someone drove thumbtacks under my fingernails makes me angry. The fact that my ride home is almost an hour long makes me angry. I am not happy, dammit. I hate these kind of days. Even stupid or seemingly minor things piss me off.

#6784 ThatBorussenGuy, Feb 13, 2019
  5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my grandma is having surgery tomorrow. It’s nothing major but I’m still worried because she’s never been put under.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im not racist and I hope it was not perceived that way but there was this guy outside my apartment while I was out there was African American guy out there with a broom and I walked quickly away from him. I am not racist at all and later realized he was probably brushing the snow off this vehicle but still you don't know about people these days. Just the way he was kind of lurking around and staring at me made me uneasy.

#6786 dano218, Feb 13, 2019
  7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My bank sent out an email to tell me that I can save money on groceries by using coupons and buying things that are on sale.

Maybe next week they'll educate us on how water is wet and that the sky is blue.

8. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just seen a book on Amazon entitled: A Parents Guide to Preventing Homosexuality. Is there anything that company won't sell on their site?

9. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The song "Trans-Europa Express" is so much better in the original German. So is "Computerwelt", for that matter. The English versions are vastly inferior. :confused:

...children? Pretty sure they won't sell those. Terrible joke. I regret nothing.

#6789 ThatBorussenGuy, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  10. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just googled this book and wow... there's so much wrong with it just in the one paragraph description page. The guy who wrote it is a clinical psychologist too which is just sad.

"In this groundbreaking book Joseph and Linda Ames Nicolosi uncover the most significant factors that contribute to a child's healthy sense of self as male or female."

Um... how did we suddenly go from a book about homosexuality to a book about gender. Apparently they don't understand the difference between gay and trans despite being 'experts' on homosexuality.

"Listening to moving recollections from ex-homosexual men and women who describe what was missing in their own childhoods"

Um.... 'ex-homosexual'...yeah...sure...

"give practical advice to parents for helping their children securely identify with their gender"

Um...again with the gender...what the heck.

"offers compassion and hope for all those parents who seek to lay a foundation for a healthy heterosexual identity"

Um...ok then...
    :face_palm:

#6790 Destin, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  11. smurf

I think about this a lot. I hope everyone out there having a crappy day out there reads this. Life is soooo much better when you unlearn the crap we are told about romantic relationships.

"i want a world where friendship is appreciated as a form of romance. i want a world where when people ask if we are seeing anyone we can list the names of all of our best friends and no one will bat an eyelid. i want monuments and holidays and certificates and ceremonies to commemorate friendship. i want a world that doesn't require us to be in a sexual/romantic partnership to be seen as mature (let alone complete). i want a movement that fights for all forms of relationships, not just the sexual ones. i want thousands of songs and movies and poems about the intimacy between friends. i want a world where our worth isn't linked to our desirability, our security to our monogamy, our family to our biology" - Alok Vaid-Menon

I love my husband so very much, but I wouldn't be able to flourish as a person without a strong support network of friends and family who mean the world to me

d.jpg

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It feels weird being in a relationship but physically being alone on Valentine's day. Ah well, tomorrow <3

13. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not familiar with this book... But Wikipedia says this, which may clarify why there is the discussion of gender:

Nicolosi proposed that homosexuality is often the product of a condition he described as gender-identity deficit caused by an alienation from, and perceived rejection by, individuals of the subject's gender​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Nicolosi

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is sad...but it's worth noting that according to that Wikipedia article (link above), he was born in the late 1940s. So he was old enough to at least remember (and possibly a psychologist) the era when being gay was considered a mental disorder. That era ended somewhere in the early 1970s, but I suspect there were plenty of professionals left who clung to the old view. Indeed, I saw one thing that was filmed in the 1970s arguing about marriage equality, and one person arguing against was either psychiatrist (I think) or psychologist who very clearly felt IIRC that being gay was a mental problem.

That said...it's unfortunate that Nicolosi still clung to these outmoded beliefs in 2002...

15. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You bring up some very good points about the value of family and friends even if one has a relationship. And I really like the Alok Vaid-Menon quote.

But...there are plenty of people who are having a crappy day. And they may not lack just a romantic partner, but they might also lack family. They may even have horrifically dysfunctional family situations. Or a lack of friends. I, myself, have whined about the struggle of making friends almost as long as I've been on EC! Tiresome, I know. But I also know I'm not alone. Probably not here, and certainly not where I live, not if my current therapist can be believed..

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Another Valentine's Day drawing to close. Once again, I was alone, and unloved, as expected...

At least, I was able to get out for the first time in several days, which was nice, even if only went to the grocery store.

17. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah, Valentine's day can be shit for alot of people. There is now an expectation that everyone is doing something to celebrate it. In the UK it has blown up into a massive marketing drive for people to make as much money as possible.
    When I was a kid many moons ago it was just about sending a card to someone you fancy!!.....though the same can be said for the dreaded 25. December...lol....

18. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

His name is Koda and I love him so much already!

Koda.jpg Koda2.jpg Koda3.jpg Koda1.jpg

#6798 Destin, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  19. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  20. Laughsalot

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Earlier in the week one of my best friends posted a quote on FB and wrote a message to accompany it about how it was to her friend and her "biggest fan"! She didn't name anyone but I had this feeling it was for me and the next day privately she told me that it was. I honestly feel totally weird and uncomfortable about her referring to me as her biggest fan.